Need Month To Month Room

sbaker8688

I'm arriving in Bangkok soon and need a month to month room, can't do contracts of 3+ months. I would prefer something in the 5000-7000B/mo. range. My preference is for something reasonably close to a bts or subway also.

If anyone has any hints or tips, please post here. Thanks so much.

Edited by sbaker8688

I remember passing a building on the Sukhumwit line with signs for weekly and monthly rentals. Unfortunately I can't remember the BTS station but it was one of the stations between Phrom Phong and Phra Khanong (including those two stations). When you're travelling into town (i.e. towards Siam Paragon) you'll see the building on the left hand side. It's a greyish building with signs in English and Japanese. I haven't stayed there myself so I can't comment on the rate or standard. It can't be anymore than a 3 - 4 minute walk from the BTS.

The place by Thong Lor BTS is called SK Mansion. I am staying there now month to month and it is 8500 a month.

EXTRAS : Internet 750 pm: Bedding 200 pm: 'Fridge 500 pm: Electric 8 baht unit: water 20 baht cubic metre: Telly 500 baht but if you have internet no need for telly.

This one may be of interest

http://www.vipmansio...m/location.html

Well, it's run by Mahatma Gandhi (see top of page), so it must be good. Although to be frank, if you can only afford 7,000 baht a month you're probably following in Gandhi's footsteps of leading an ascetic life away from worldly temptations and drinking your own urine every morning too, as the great man did...

Go to the beergarden on soi 7 and ask the girls where they live....lot of them used to live out near on nut BTS....either that or just ride to the last station on the BTS line and then walk around a km or so away and you'll likely find something in your price range..but don't expect much for your price point and short term rental.

<<Although to be frank, if you can only afford 7,000 baht a month...>>

Actually I can afford whatever I want, I just consider it a waste.

I guess Bangkok is just more difficult in general, and a lot more expensive than Chiangmai where I usually stay. I stay at an "expensive" condo in CM (I'm in it right now), with 2 beds, aircon, hot shower, refrig, tv, and balcony for 5000B/month and it's month to month to boot. I guess this kind of living doesn't exist so much in Bangkok :-( But if someone thinks of something, do let me know - thanks.

The place by Thong Lor BTS is called SK Mansion. I am staying there now month to month and it is 8500 a month.

EXTRAS : Internet 750 pm: Bedding 200 pm: 'Fridge 500 pm: Electric 8 baht unit: water 20 baht cubic metre: Telly 500 baht but if you have internet no need for telly.

Mr B-

What is the phone # at SK MANSION? I used to have it but lost my little black book. Thanks for listing the additional costs, useful to know.

I guess Bangkok is just more difficult in general, and a lot more expensive than Chiangmai where I usually stay. I stay at an "expensive" condo in CM (I'm in it right now), with 2 beds, aircon, hot shower, refrig, tv, and balcony for 5000B/month and it's month to month to boot. I guess this kind of living doesn't exist so much in Bangkok :-( But if someone thinks of something, do let me know - thanks.

Yes this type of living is available, you are looking in the wrong area.

Try in the Lat Prao area close to the underground, dont restrict yourself to places like On Nut or you will pay a premium.

Petchaburi rd is another area you may consider.

Yes this type of living is available, you are looking in the wrong area.

Try in the Lat Prao area close to the underground, dont restrict yourself to places like On Nut or you will pay a premium.

Petchaburi rd is another area you may consider.

Ah, I didn't restrict myself at all - Lat Phrao or another place is fine. In fact I stayed at Lat Phrao before, it was a fine place but not month to month.

You can try Thanaree Place, it's Lat Phrao soi 20, near the Lat Phrao MRT.

They have 25 sqm rooms for 7,000 per month for long term contract, but you can stay month to month, not sure about the price.

From there it's about 25-30 minutes to Asoke.

Wow, I arrived and went to about 10 places today (many in Lat Phrao area). Most places were 100% full (about 80%). Of the few that weren't, they were very expensive, and wanted 6 month minimums. Again, Lat Phrao, not some place off of Asok.

Man, Bangkok is more of a pain in the ass than I remember. Anyway, I'm totally dropping the month-to-month requirement. If I can find a 3 month contract I'll be happy.

I'll try some of these places recommended here tomorrow I guess, and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend has a room available, but it's a 2 bedroom condo with lounge and kitchen space, and one room from that condo is vacant. He actually resides in 1 of the bedrooms, but he's hardly there (he's in logistical supplies, so he's out of bkk usually), and when he is there he's locked up with the curtains closed clap2.gif

Very clean and modern. It has an air-con, small balcony, two exterior windows that look over Huay Khwang, and is a 2 minute motorcycle (10 minute walk) to MRT Huay Khwang; if you're interested.

It also has a tv, large wardrope, large bed and lazy boy. Oh and he's got wifi too, if you need that. There's motorcycle stands right outside his condo, so getting around is a breeze, and there's a 7-11 on the first floor of the condo. Oh and there's a gym, I think it's not so flash but anyway you can do stuff that's 'fitnessy' there, and there's a swimming pool, sauna, travel agency and Thai restaurant also downstairs.

You can email me in thaivisa.com if you want more details, hope I can help in anyway.