Snake In The House

Mosha

That is a burned tailed green snake, which is a member of the pit viper family and is venomous, although it probably wouldn't kill you.

My GF agrees. Called it something like Mi Mi, which means burned tail.

Says someone in her village got bitten on the thigh by one. His leg swelled up to double the size, but he didn't die.

Edited by Old Croc

Well it looks like a red tailed rat snake in my book. From what I can find Trimeresurus (Viridovipera) gumprechti grows to 1.5 metres, lives in Thailand's NE. I'm in Ranong and this fellow was much longer. Book says 2.4m

Well it looks like a red tailed rat snake in my book. From what I can find Trimeresurus (Viridovipera) gumprechti grows to 1.5 metres, lives in Thailand's NE. I'm in Ranong and this fellow was much longer. Book says 2.4m

I am going to eat a bit of humble pie and agree with you. When I first looked at it, while its colouring fit the pit viper, the shape of its head is not viperish. I took that the be the camera angle. I stand corrected. I would hold on to that book of yours. :jap:

One look at the pic and my GF said burned tail.

If not must be very similar.

Googling said it was about 1.5 m long. Look at page 5 2nd row next to the last in that row. That's what I saw. Gonyosoma oxycephalum, female is almost 8' with males slightly shorter.

http://www.google.com/search?q=red+tail+rat+snake&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=0WT&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=M9DvTsv5OYvjrAeA7sCaCQ&ved=0CCAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=625