Incident At Massage Parlour

Beetlejuice

I also believe the OP did the right thing. In situations like that always cover your own back. The mistake I believe he made was not establishing who was going to give the massage before it began. After several painful experiences I would ask my masseuse about her training and certificates first. Untrained masseuses/masseurs can do more harm than good. One note of advice from a qualified Thai masseuse friend of mine (married to a farang): if they ever put any pressure on your spine they don't know what they are doing. Leave immediately.

Hmmmm, I get my wife to walk on my back, to relocate any vertebrae that have become misaligned, so I would dispute that putting pressure on the spine is harmful, unless you mean someting different from what I think you mean.

Agreed that it is necessary to be aware of who is doing what in any female staffed establishment, though that would apply anywhere in this overly PC world, where the man is always guilty.

Maybe I should have been more specific. She told me that properly trained and qualified masseuses/masseurs do not apply direct pressure to the spinal column or lumbar region (ie pushing down hard on a vertebrae or into the gap) Your wife, trained or not, is not applying direct pressure just by walking on your back as the load is spread across the sole of her foot. I'm not a trained masseur, just passing on very good advice from a professional friend. I haven't a clue what you thought I may have inferred 'differently'.

Fair enough.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic