Iphone 4S 16Gb @ 20,900 Thb On Apple Online Store?!

muratremix

I was looking for iPhone 4S on Apple store today and shocked when I saw the price of iPhone 4S.

http://store.apple.com/th

However, there is no in-thailand contact telephone and I have no idea what carrier they use to deliver shipments. Some thai people mention about DHL but I`m unsure. I also have no idea if DHL delivers to everywhere in Thailand (me, at Buriram - not city center but a village).

Anybody have luck with Apple online store before? If so how was your shipment delivered?

They use DHL for deliveries in Thailand, and they will deliver anywhere. DHL deliver in larger cities. For smaller towns and villages, DHL transfer the shipment to EMS Post. Of course the latter will require a couple of extra days in transit, and the anticipated delivery date that your order form shows will take this into account. If you enter a complete address and the order is accepted, the shipment will be delivered to you.

Just order it. Will be fine. Beats standing in line too...

I've ordered stuff from the store before, and so have friends. Never any issues, free delivery anywhere in Thailand, as promised.

Edited by nikster

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering about this too, as I have never once seen a UPS, FedEx or other well-known delivery service driving down any street in Thailand. I asked a few people on my street about receiving packages, or course they have no idea (not too many Thais do online shopping yet, and certainly not at this particular price-point).

Edited by attrayant

I've been wondering about this too, as I have never once seen a UPS, FedEx or other well-known delivery service driving down any street in Thailand. I asked a few people on my street about receiving packages, or course they have no idea (not too many Thais do online shopping yet, and certainly not at this particular price-point).

the one I used came Via DHL

We use both Fedex and UPS in Bangkok and they pickup and deliver in vans with "Fedex" and "UPS" on the side of them. I've seen them in Chiang Mai as well, and Fedex have their own shop there. Can't imagine why you have never seen one, unless you live somewhere upcountry in a small village.

the one I used came Via DHL

The only problem is that if you don't live in a major city, with DHL the service is real crap. Once the package arrives in Bangkok, they simply put the package in Thai Post and it can take another week to receive it. Other services such as Fedex deliver it properly using contracted private couriers when the package is destined for a place where they do not have their own drivers. DHL is really a second rate courier in Thailand for cities other than where they have their own drivers...not recommended. Unfortunately, I suppose they were low bidder for Apple and you don't have a choice when you order from the Apple Store.

I just got a hard drive that I returned to Seagate (by EMS to Singapore) returned to my house in Rawai, Phuket by UPS. My house is not easy to find! They had my phone number and I gave them directions. A guy in a pickup truck with a locked cargo area, no signage on the truck, delivered it. I signed for it. It works.

That's an amazing price the one I found on the thai apple store!

I'm from Europe and the 4s 32gb at the moment is sold at 779 €.

On the thai apple store is 24,900 baht and if I do a quick conversion... let's say 1 euro = 40 thb... 24900/40 is 622,50€. wow!

I'm just a bit worried about the shipment... I live in Patong Beach area, on the mountain road, ad I have ordered many things online (from bangkok shops, form amazon.com, etc..) but the value of the items wasn't more that 2000/2500 thb... Everything was fine, no problem at all.

The store says: estimated delivery time: between 18th and 25th january... Should I do the purchase? Can I trust the post services on a item like an iphone?...

The fact is... I know AIS, dtac, truemove are selling the 4s for 1500-2000thb more but it will be in my hand at the moment I'm buying it... and.. does anyone know if the 4s is already available in Phuket? Everywhere in Phuket...

Thanks, and have a nice day...

Andrea

I ordered my iPhone 4S on 17/12 and it shipped yesterday. The original estimate was for delivery between 29/12 and 6/1, so it looks like they it just make it within the delivery window unless DHL slows it down. I'm in Bangkok.

I ordered my iPhone 4S on 17/12 and it shipped yesterday. The original estimate was for delivery between 29/12 and 6/1, so it looks like they it just make it within the delivery window unless DHL slows it down. I'm in Bangkok.

Nice news... please let us know if everything will be fine with the delivery! Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrea

Nice news... please let us know if everything will be fine with the delivery! Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrea

Andrea - it delivered on Thursday without a problem to my office in Bangkok by a DHL deliveryman. It did take one full day for DHL to clear it through Customs before delivery the next day, where Fedex does that for us the day of arrival for simple shipments like an iPhone. All duties and taxes are paid by Apple, so you don't owe anything when it's delivered.