Experts Help Me Please

armortec

Please help me recommend the fastest route/expressways,and regardless of tolls to be paid, to airport next Friday night as I expected a terrible jam due to long weekend.

I shall originate from any BTS/MRT stations which you will recommend, and then hail a taxi and head to the airport before 9pm.

Thank you in advance.

You know what time you have to be at the airport

You assume that there will be a bad traffic jam, to be pedantic, you can expect a terrible jam but not expected

Leave hime early - what is so difficult?

Get a map and find out which is the closest station (BTS, MRT or railway) to Don Muang

Please help me recommend the fastest route/expressways,and regardless of tolls to be paid, to airport next Friday night as I expected a terrible jam due to long weekend.

I shall originate from any BTS/MRT stations which you will recommend, and then hail a taxi and head to the airport before 9pm.

Thank you in advance.

armortec - What a strange post/request "I shall originate from any BTS/MRT stations" -"then hail a taxi" forgive me for being critical but what part of Bangkok do you actually live in.

This simple piece of information would a least allow posters to offer advice of:

take boat number

take bus number

vans leave from such and such

motorcycle taxi

It would be easy to be cynical and simply say leave at mid-day and you should get there but it seems as if you are aware of the "TRAFFIC" but want to stay "somewhere" right up to the death knock and then jump in a taxi hoping that it will grow wings and magically take off over the roofs of the lines of departing weekend holidayers.

Sorry but if you need someone to hold your hand with regard to getting to the airport on time maybe you should not be travelling alone.

If you now come back and say I have a business engagement whch will keep me occupied until xxpm - i would suggest that we simply say :o better luck next time enjoy your soapie :D

Edited by mijan24

Do i need to camp overnight? I have a regular job in Samut Prakarn province. I can't leave early on Friday. If you do not have idea of how bad even after paying the toll, I was twice stucked in the expressway for 2.5 hrs after leaving my Bangpoo office at 4pm on a Friday afternoons.

My route will take me to Banga Trad, or via Sukhumvit Road to Onut BTS station. I will take a motorcycle if the traffic is especially bad in Samrong area to Onut Station. And from the stations I can alight and continue my journey to Don Muang tollway. I am no cheap charlie, I have a Garmin GPS with thailand map, 3 or 4 thailand bangkok maps and a Mapking 3D GPS map installed in my laptop, but they don't tell you the least busy roads to the airpot.

I can't recall the expressway the taxi usually take. ( 40 baht from Bangna extrance) and I can recall I could see Lumphini building on the left and the sector of that expressway is the worst and I would like to avoid.

How do you leave at Samutprakarn? Own transport? Then go on Bang-Na Trad Highway and take the elevated road as soon as you can. The new link-up with the expressway going to the port is great. Switch then to the Ram-Inthra Highway and switch again to Rama 9 Highway.

Otherwise, go to Onnut BTS station, then take a taxi. Enter Ram-Inthra Highway at Soi 50 just around the corner from the BTS Station, past the Lotus car park entrance. Then the same routing as above: Rama 9 highway, Dindaeng and there you go.

is it just me, or does anyone else find it extraordinary that an adult would take time out to ask such a stupid question? If you anticipate traffic jams, leave early. Why is it so difficult?

Actually, here's some practical advice.

Leave the day before. Go to Don Muang and take a flight to Chiang Mai. The following day, fly back to Bangkok in good time for your flight out.

Easy - traffic avoided.

If you'd like some advice on what to have for dinner tonight, or what you should do when you find all your socks are in the laundry basket, please come again.

We're here to help.

is it just me, or does anyone else find it extraordinary that an adult would take time out to ask such a stupid question?  If you anticipate traffic jams, leave early.  Why is it so difficult?

Leave the day before.  Go to Don Muang and take a flight to Chiang Mai.  The following day, fly back to Bangkok in good time for your flight out.

Easy - traffic avoided.

If you'd like some advice on what to have for dinner tonight, or what you should do when you find all your socks are in the laundry basket, please come again.

We're here to help.

I would suggest that he arrange for a private helicopter to land in a field closest to his home. Further, air space could be booked so that this bespoke transport could have a direct path into Don Muang. Perhaps the area adjacent to his onward flight could be cleared so that he need only walk from his helicopter to the plane. Private security services could be employed to monitor everything.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it extraordinary that an adult would take time out to REPLY to such a stupid OP question? :D:D Sorry Bendix, just couldn't resist that one. :D

Can you advise me on how early I need to leave for the airport to catch the pre-flight flight from Chang Mai. :o:D

BTW.... still have socks but one is black and one is white, can you advise which one I should don first? :D:D

is it just me, or does anyone else find it extraordinary that an adult would take time out to ask such a stupid question?  If you anticipate traffic jams, leave early.  Why is it so difficult?

Leave the day before.  Go to Don Muang and take a flight to Chiang Mai.  The following day, fly back to Bangkok in good time for your flight out.

Easy - traffic avoided.

We're here to help.

Get to Onnut, take BTS to Morchit, and a taxi to the airport. Tollway costs only 20 Baht from there. Flyovers at Lad Prao junction are all completed now so you'll be on the Don Muang tollway in less than five min, and perhaps fifteen min more to the airport. Avoid the expressway from Bangna - that's where you can easily spend two hours on Fdiday night.

Consider two points:

a) BTS is the fastest way to cross Bangkok, esp. in rush hour

:o Don Muang tollway is the only road to the airport (unless you choose the regular road underneath) - whichever way you go you'll end up on the tollway.