Stolen Mail Should I Call Police?

Mr.StickyRice

Kinda long story:

My friend sent me a package from America (clothes/snacks/etc...) but I moved out of my apartment while it was in transit.

When I go back to my old apartment the security gaurd tells me the package arrived. I check with the office and they deny it.

I check with the post office they tell me they have a signature (of the office lady!) for receiving the package. I go back and now the office lady tells me she gave it to [insert random farang that lives in building].

I go to talk to the guy and he says he never got it.

Now she changes her story and says that she "put it somewhere, and cant remember..."

Im really, really, pissed off but I dont show it and leave.

Now what should I do? I want her to know that messing with peoples mail is serious (I dont know about Thai law, but in the states that is a big offense)

and I also want the post office to know they just cant leave stuff like that with anybody and everybody TIT.

Any suggestions?

Report her to the police. She will carry on doing things like this unless someone puts a stop to it. Or you could tell her that you are going to speak to her boss and the police unless she can "find" said package, then tell her you will come back in 1 hour and you expect to see the package.

Just because you are a visitor in this country dosent mean you should let people walk all over you.

I hope you sort it out, of course you could just walk away, but that isnt my style. :o

Kinda long story:

My friend sent me a package from America (clothes/snacks/etc...) but I moved out of my apartment while it was in transit.

When I go back to my old apartment the security gaurd tells me the package arrived. I check with the office and they deny it.

I check with the post office they tell me they have a signature (of the office lady!) for receiving the package. I go back and now the office lady tells me she gave it to [insert random farang that lives in building].

I go to talk to the guy and he says he never got it.

Now she changes her story and says that she "put it somewhere, and cant remember..."

Im really, really, pissed off but I dont show it and leave.

Now what should I do? I want her to know that messing with peoples mail is serious (I dont know about Thai law, but in the states that is a big offense)

and I also want the post office to know they just cant leave stuff like that with anybody and everybody TIT.

Any suggestions?

Get real; As an advanced member you should presumably have some concept of how things work in the real word not jut in LOS.

You changed apartments while a package was in transit to you.

:o:D:D:D

Go to the tourist police and make a complaint. Probably won't do any good , but why not make the managers life a bit harder if possibel. If you can find out her boss is make a complaint to him to.

Don't forget to take along your Thai friend that was a witness to your conversations with the manager.

I don't know why asses like gburns and Beachcomber reply to posts like yours.

Go to the tourist police and make a complaint. Probably won't do any good , but why not make the managers life a bit harder if possibel. If you can find out her boss is make a complaint to him to.

Don't forget to take along your Thai friend that was a witness to your conversations with the manager.

Tourist Police wouldnt handle this situation, especially as the OP is a resident. The other police would ask him if he made arrangements for his mail and then with the answer surely being "No" they would proceed no further as he is partly to blame for the missing post.

What witness ??? I dont see anywhere where it says he had a friend with him in his conversations with the other parties.

Do you feel a bit of an ass yourself now, Just what is it that you are smoking. :o

Tourist Police wouldnt handle this situation, especially as the OP is a resident. The other police would ask him if he made arrangements for his mail and then with the answer surely being "No" they would proceed no further as he is partly to blame for the missing post.

What witness ??? I dont see anywhere where it says he had a friend with him in his conversations with the other parties.

Do you feel a bit of an ass yourself now, Just what is it that you are smoking. :o

Maybe that was a little too subtle for you. I'm sure the OP got it.

But I don't understand why he is partly respossible for someone stealing his mail.

The Tourist Police would be appropriate. OP does not appear to be Thai and is probably not considered a resident.

Maybe that was a little too subtle for you. I'm sure the OP got it.

But I don't understand why he is partly respossible for someone stealing his mail.

The Tourist Police would be appropriate. OP does not appear to be Thai and is probably not considered a resident.

My gosh what a great idea...get a Thai friend to say he witnessed it....that will go down a treat when everybody else says that he was alone, you know like the Security guards, manager, Post office etc...too subtle for me :D

He is partly responsible....he could have arranged for the post office to hold his mail for him, arranged a forwarding address, had a friend collect from the manager, arranged with the manager to hold his mail, he did none of this. he took off and never said a word, They probably thought he had done a runner. :o

Edited by gburns57au