New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Minus --- not easy to switch between forums --- somebody mentioned already.

Plus ---- the stupid header telling me there were 1000 replies since diddly splat is gone.

Agree - the ability to switch to another forum from the drop down menu bottom right has gone.

Minus --- not easy to switch between forums --- somebody mentioned already.

Plus ---- the stupid header telling me there were 1000 replies since diddly splat is gone.

Agree - the ability to switch to another forum from the drop down menu bottom right has gone.

I guess a little template bit got missing, I have opened a support ticket. Will follow up 2morrow.

A few problems with the new look I've just noticed:

1. Animated gifs used for profile pictures in posts seem to be incorrectly displayed. Just a frozen image or nothing in some cases.

2. Searching for content from a poster seems to return results missing posts dated after March 2011 ie all my most recent posts are not found via a search. So search seems to be broken.

Did you pay good money for this improvement George?....... you got shafted.

Why change something that works?

The last version was nice columns, you could see instantly if a thread was news or general or isaan or phuket or whatever, you could also see if it was popular or not and if you had contributed to it or not.

This is one step forward and three steps back.... and it doesn't even have the redeeming quality of looking better..

Horrible, and so many ads it's ridiculous.

Who's in charge of your marketing? Ad overload does nothing for your sponsors, its just plain greedy.

not pleasing to the eye ,

gives me a frkng headache .

George,

I can't seem to find a way to post "private messages". Archived messages seem to be included in a "conversation" section, but I can't find a way to send new private messages to a poster.

Thanks.

PM section has not been changed, we have had this functionality for over a year. Not sure I understand the issue though.

George,

I still can't seem to find the PM button. That button used to be on the left side, under the picture of the poster and the number of posts. My buttons seem to have disappeared. I am using Chrome. Let me try Explorer.

I can't find the button on Explorer either.

Edited by DavidHouston

Hate it.

My animated avatar is no longer animated and the whole thing is painful for the eyes.

I can only explain it as white space, loud, sort of none personal and blank with no character or features. It doesn’t come across as individual posts, but rather hits you in the face as one big chunk and non descriptive.

Why couldn’t we have been given the chance to either use the new format or revert back to the classic view?

Agreed.....not easy on the eyes.

The fonts are clean but with no 'bars' to highlight the different topics (and they are many), navigating the forum and looking for a topic is a little difficult. Compared to the earlier template, this is rather 'unfriendly' to use.

Btw....is there a need to put a 'hot' button to some of the topics?

Edited by hands22

It's exact the same amount of ads as in previous version. The skin is a bit more clean, so ads may be more visible, not sure.

Hang on there and we will tweak and fix.

A lot of space gets wasted in this template.

Try to condense more to get more stuff onto the screen.

The AJAX stuff is too slow to appear (for example when passing the mouse over usernames to make the PM button appear).

I wonder why TV opts to use this technology when many users in Thailand have less than ideal internet connections.

Edited by manarak

Agreed.....not easy on the eyes.

The fonts are clean but with no 'bars' to highlight the different topics (and they are many), navigating the forum and looking for a topic is a little difficult. Compared to the earlier template, this is rather 'unfriendly' to use.

Btw....is there a need to put a 'hot' button to some of the topics?

It looks great on my screen - much easier on the eyes - using Firefox. My gif avatar is not working. Scroll down box to select a forum non existent.