New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When clicking on the "My content" button it's pulling up stuff where the last post was months ago and sticking it near the top. Am I being thick and missing something or is there a problem? Thanks.

All being attended too as we speak.

thanks rooo

Minus --- not easy to switch between forums --- somebody mentioned already.

Plus ---- the stupid header telling me there were 1000 replies since diddly splat is gone.

Agree - the ability to switch to another forum from the drop down menu bottom right has gone.

Miss that feature greatly, was there any pressing reason to remove it, or was it just overlooked in the new set-up?

Not overly impressed by the new layout, but then i can never see the point of change for the sake of change.

When I opened a topic I had read previously it would go to where I had been at that time. Now when I open a thread I read previously it just takes me to post number 1 again.

Not too fussed on that.

I had the same problem but found if I clicked on the star/spot to the left of the thread title it took me to where i last was (unread items in the thread).

Ok, I'm warming to it now.

But the contrast is too high, only having 25 post displayed per page is a little too low, it was easier to read when the forum category names were in columns and personally I thought the different envelope icons for read unread etc were clearer than just blob or spikey blob,

Me too.

Third visit now and better with the ads reduced.

Personally, I like the clarity of the display when you are in a topic - I don't like the 'new topics' page (where I always start from) because of the googleads at the top and the purple side bar to the left - the colours seem to be fighting for attention !

Well done to the TV team for dealing with the feedback so promptly

When I opened a topic I had read previously it would go to where I had been at that time. Now when I open a thread I read previously it just takes me to post number 1 again.

Not too fussed on that.

I had the same problem but found if I clicked on the star/spot to the left of the thread title it took me to where i last was (unread items in the thread).

Yep. The star means you have posted in the topic and will take you to the last unread post. The dot only means you have not posted and it also takes you to your last read post.

when will the control at the bottom reapper so you can move between forums easier?

You find it at upper right, to the right of "View new content"

As Tywais referred to it as a 'teardrop'.

This works OK for me and is a minor adjustment to go to top right rather than bottom right.

when will the control at the bottom reapper so you can move between forums easier?

This works OK for me and is a minor adjustment to go to top right rather than bottom right.

This function is better placed at the bottom though to save a lot of scrolling.

Edit: In fact top and bottom would be even better!

Edited by smokie36

As Tywais indicated - the 'teardrop' icon.

It will be a minor change of habit to click top right as opposed to bottom right licklips.gif

This function is better placed at the bottom though to save a lot of scrolling.

Edit: In fact top and bottom would be even better!

OK - I agree with this. You are usually at the bottom of a page when you want to navigate to another section.

We actually have a goto top arrow, bottom of all pages in the middle.

I looked all over for it and finally found it. It's nearly invisible on my screen so maybe tweak the contrast up a bit?

Top image - not selected, bottom image mouse hover over

post-566-0-01338000-1324550906_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-86861300-1324550912_thumb.jpg

That works nicely to get you back to the top immediately then can select the Forum choice window.

I looked all over for it and finally found it. It's nearly invisible on my screen so maybe tweak the contrast up a bit?

Yeah I spotted it when george pointed it out. This new layout is growing on me....

I think the layout is bloated with empty space.

too much white space containing nothing.

the font is too big by 1 or 2 px, line spacing too large, too much padding in elements.

here is a jpg file with some layout proposals.

post-67243-0-59889600-1324554741_thumb.j

That works nicely to get you back to the top immediately then can select the Forum choice window.

But it means that if you're in the middle of the page,you first have to scroll to the bottom to click on the button , to get to the top. Useless.

But it means that if you're in the middle of the page,you first have to scroll to the bottom to click on the button , to get to the top. Useless.

Strange response. If you're in the middle of the page you have to scroll 50% of the way either direction to get to the top. My response was to the issue of the previous location of the Forum scroll bar being at the bottom of the page, which I suspect most of the time we will be at due to reading to the end of the topic and an easy way to get to the new Forum list location.