Offshore Bank Account Needed.

I have a company registered in the BVI and need a offshore bank account. Can anyone recommend a bank that is easy to open an account I have been trying to open one with barclays and after 3 MONTHS!!! they are still asking rediculous questions. I have decided they are incompitent so no longer wish to use them.

I have been told that HSBC in singapore or hong kong are a safe bet can anyone confirm this.

All advice appreciated

I have a BVI company, with a company bank account at HSBC Hong Kong. This is for an international trading business that I run - unrelated to my Thai company.

The process of establishing the bank account is not an easy one - it requires a MINIMUM of two trips to Hong Kong, at least a couple of weeks apart. If your offshore company has no previous record of business operations, it gets even harder.

But - as long as you will be running a legitimate business - you can get the details worked out. At least initially, you will need a secretarial address in Hong Kong.

I am the Thailand agent for the company outlined at http://www.cmshk.com .

If you are in Bangkok, and want to see how the HSBC system works, you can stop by my company's offices, and I can show you.

Starting in January, my company will be opening a new division specifically targetted at establishment of offshore companies and banking facilities.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I have a company registered in the BVI and need a offshore bank account. Can anyone recommend a bank that is easy to open an account I have been trying to open one with barclays and after 3 MONTHS!!! they are still asking rediculous questions. I have decided they are incompitent so no longer wish to use them.

I have been told that HSBC in singapore or hong kong are a safe bet can anyone confirm this.

All advice appreciated

I am not surprised. This is NOW an impossible business to open an account for an offshore company unless you have an existing or establised business and banking. Thanks to Mr Bush stupid anti-terror law, everyone is considered a drug dealer or a terrorist unless proven otherwise.

This is how it is these days.

How do yuo open a BVI company, thats what I want to do

I used the following company as their fees where competitive and yearly running cost competitve if you use a nominee director.

Hard to open a bank account though if you use a nominee director.

here is the link

http://www.bvi-corporations-ibc-incorporat...s_in_uk_pounds/

Would like to know if anyone recommends a online service to open an offshore account. I found a few on line but I would rather have some one give me some advice on how this can be done for less. I found a cheap alternative. It is an offshore debit card. Has any one tried this. There is no name required and you can even give false info. when you register the card. Its at www.atmgcard.com . Looks like something that I can afford and anonymous.

• 2 weeks later...

As always, it all depends on what you want to open the account for. As a Canadian citizen now living in a popular "offshore" destination, my eyes have certainly been opened.

I do IT outsourcing and consulting, so can work pretty much wherever, whenever. I also have a few small websites that don't yet make enough to matter. But they're growing, and I fully plan on them being the source of the majority of my future earnings.

Start with the end in mind. What do you want to acheive? I wanted to accept money for my services, and spend that money. Not tough, you would think. But setting it up took several months of back and forth, mostly with the bank I chose. Chosing your bank is the most important thing.

I chose to set up an international business company (IBC) not subject to any tax except for that earned within the country where the IBC was formed. I chose Belize - BVI is another popular location, as are the Turks and Caicos islands. There are eastern hemisphere tax havens too, but I'm not as familiar with them.

To do business, I need to be able to accept money. For larger deposits, I've got it covered - wire deposits to my bank account. For smaller amounts, I'm stuck with 3rd party payment processors - 2Checkout and the like. As my online volume increases, I hope to get a _real_ merchant account. As a Canadian expatriot, I could accept Paypal, but I'm risk adverse, and have no desire to pay taxes there again. Anything connected with my home country is out.

To do business (and to live!), I have to pay for things. I have a business secured Mastercard. Does the trick, but at 120% security, it's not cheap. Again, for larger purchases, wire transfers are where it's at for me.

That pretty much sums up my needs and how I'm handling things. There are a few intricacies to cope with, but everyones situation is different. Especially Americans, who are required to declare worldwide income, whether or not they are actually resident in the USA. Canadians get a break there - we leave, we tick off a box on our tax return, and say goodbye.

BP

Edited by BillyParadise

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody have/had experience with Standard Chartered bank and opening a HK account with them via an overseas branch....as in Bangkok for example.

Very difficult. Unless you are a private banking client of them in HK, the local staff don't really facilitate this, and even then struggle because HK and Thailand are subsidiaries viewed as separate legal entities. You will have more luck at HSBC, who are more geared for this.

can anyone please tell me a bank that I can open a account by mail without haveing to travel

corporate account? no way!

oops! replied to a five year old posting :blink:

Edited by Naam