Uk Passport Renewal - Countersignature

I mailed an expired PP and application to HK by EMS International at 1130 am on 06 Jan from a Pay at Post Hua Hin and the cost was ThB 605 (based on weight). Tracking it on-line it was at Suwanabhumi midnight on 07 Jan ready to fly out.

Half the price of DHL

I hope you did not sent the expired PP as that is not required as per the instructions on the website. And without a passport or copy in Thailand you could be arrested.

I sent mine by EMS as well, 400 baht for EMS and about 50 for the package.

So, I don't send my daughter's passport , just a copy?

Oh, btw, is it easy enough to get a banker's draft in HK$ ?

What about a kid that got a passport when she was 9 months old and is now 5 years old?

The photo on the passport is nothing like her - could this be a problem?

Fine until she is 5 years and 9 months then. It is strange to think that my 3 month old daughter will be able to travel on the same photo when she is 5 years old. I strongly doubt she will look anything like the cute little bundle of poo and wee she is right now ;)

Read the notice about being in Thailand, it states that because of the law here, you do not have to send your old passport when renewing, just a copy.

I used a credit card to pay (my wifes).

Ok thanks. Although my daughter has a Thai passport too so doesn't need her UK one here.

I mailed an expired PP and application to HK by EMS International at 1130 am on 06 Jan from a Pay at Post Hua Hin and the cost was ThB 605 (based on weight). Tracking it on-line it was at Suwanabhumi midnight on 07 Jan ready to fly out.

Half the price of DHL

My documents were signed for by the HK recipient at around 0930 on 08 January 2012 as 'tracked' on the EMS 'Track and Trace' website. Good service!

• 2 weeks later...

Half the price of DHL

I hope you did not sent the expired PP as that is not required as per the instructions on the website. And without a passport or copy in Thailand you could be arrested.

I sent mine by EMS as well, 400 baht for EMS and about 50 for the package.

The Passport was that of my wife who has dual nationality; she is resident here as Thai.

Time scale: Posted application to HK via Thai Post Office EMS International Service at 11 am on 08 January 2012

EMS 'Track & Trace' internet site showed documents signed for at about 0900 on 11 Januray 2012

My Debit Card showed charges debited from my account on 13 January 2012.

Received new passport at 1430 on 27 January 2012 ex UK. It is of interest that it was DHL courier from LHR to BKK (DHL Office)

and then Thai PO Domestic EMS from Suwanabumi to Hua Hin.

Total time 20 days.

Time scale: Posted application to HK via Thai Post Office EMS International Service at 11 am on 08 January 2012

EMS 'Track & Trace' internet site showed documents signed for at about 0900 on 11 Januray 2012

Where did it show as signed for ? Mine shows only it got to the Airport in the early hours of Wednesday,,, ? will it show as arriving in H K ?

January 24, 2012

13:00:33 SAI NOI Accept January 24, 2012

13:29:41 SAI NOI Items Into Container January 24, 2012

16:43:14 SAI NOI Dispatch January 25, 2012

00:48:06 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

As no reply, can answer myself just encase other wonder or start to get worried........

From EMS Track and Trace internet this morning added to the above was all the received in HK on the 26th. signed for at 09:07..

So from sending to being received only shows online a week later.......... !! I did drive yesterday afternoon to the Bank 33 km round trip as I was getting worried, the money was taken from my account on the 26th.

As no reply, can answer myself just encase other wonder or start to get worried........

From EMS Track and Trace internet this morning added to the above was all the received in HK on the 26th. signed for at 09:07..

So from sending to being received only shows online a week later.......... !! I did drive yesterday afternoon to the Bank 33 km round trip as I was getting worried, the money was taken from my account on the 26th.

Mine was received at the same time, so hopefully get it in 2/3 weeks.