Studio/Apt For Rent In Bkk Near Chulalongkorn Uni

Hi guys n gurls,

I'm going to Chula for exchange and looking for an apt/ studio room for rent from Jan 2012 to may/june 2012. Looking for one around Chula Uni.. heard I should go for Pathuwam/ Phaya Thai area. My budget is 5000 to 10 000 per month. N the area should be safe for a single lady... Any recommendations? Thank You! :)

Have you looked at the dorms Chula provide for international students? I'm pretty sure for that budget you can get a nice dorm.

You won't get an apartment (that's nice / safe) for that budget in the area of the university, it might be possible at the high end of 10k but it will be a tiny room. You are better off looking at Phaya Thai area near the BTS, I would advise to look around "Ari" BTS station and Victory monument.

Three Property

http://www.three-homes.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks... yeah nonsi is where the exchange students are staying.. but for 13000 baht per head, and sharing the room with 3 others... i don't think so....

sigh. it's sooo hard finding an acceptable place under 10k a month around a BTS. nightmare! thanks for the help though.

Thanks... yeah nonsi is where the exchange students are staying.. but for 13000 baht per head, and sharing the room with 3 others... i don't think so....

Where did you get that figure from? On Nonsi's website they offer (unshared) 30 sqm apartments for B10,000 per month.

I was an exchange student at Chula and I only shared the room with one other person (4 people in a 2 bedroom). I never wanted to share, but it wasn't that bad to be honest. Originally I wanted to rent my own place, but I'm glad I didn't, because I quickly noticed that if I would've lived somewhere else I would've missed out on a lot of activities!