Money Exchange, Baht To £ Or $?

properjob

I need to change a lump sum of Baht to £Stg or US$, but don't have the documentation that I think that banks would require.

In Bangkok there is a money changer business on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 where exchange of lump sums is as easy as turning up with the Baht and your passport.

Is there an equivalent money changer operation in Chiang Mai?

If so, please give me directions. I need to do this quickly - before Monday.

Thanks,

pj

Edited by properjob

Not sure on pounds, I think it changes every day and also the amount , I had to get Euro's for my holiday to Spain and I asked for 4k in Euro's, (but nothing more than a 100 euro note) It took them 2 days to get them in and they called me back once they had them. Sure it will be the same with all currencies. I had 100 pound off them to send for Christmas presents and got that straight away.

Not sure on pounds, I think it changes every day and also the amount , I had to get Euro's for my holiday to Spain and I asked for 4k in Euro's, (but nothing more than a 100 euro note) It took them 2 days to get them in and they called me back once they had them. Sure it will be the same with all currencies. I had 100 pound off them to send for Christmas presents and got that straight away.

Cheers again TM......don't I recall you saying you have to buy for 40 this Xmas? laugh.png