Reviews On Renting A Postbox At The Post Office

Femme

I can't seem to find info about renting a postbox in CM on the forum.

My main concern is reliabilty.

Where do you rent your postbox? (which postoffice)

What are the options in size?

Do they hold packages as well?

Thanks in advance.

Ive had one at Chang Klan post office for the past 6 years, I have all my post sent there (international) and nothing that I have been expecting has ever gone missing. I think I pay 150thb a year and on the first year I had to pay 350 deposit for the key. If the box isn't big enough for your parcel they will keep it locked behind the counter and put a note in your po box to let you know. Brilliant service and I would recommend it.

We used one our first year here, remembering the old days. But we have been using the street address for years now with no problems. Regular letters arrive as expected; registered letters have the mail person ringing the door bell for signatures.

And, boy, it is sure more convenient than even the closest PO would have been (had it had an open box way back then).

I guess it boils down to personal trust in the system.

I've had mine at Mae Ping Post Office since I first arrived. But I pay much more than thaimiller, 500 per year, with a 500 Baht deposit. But after the 2nd year they credited my deposit towards the 3rd year's rent. I prefer it because our post box at home often is filled with water during the rainy season and the postal workers just through stuff in there knowing its filled with water. I also receive a lot of packages and this system works best for me.

I don't believe there are any options on size. In fact I'm sure of that. They are all the same size. Yes they hold post for up to 2 weeks.

Edited by elektrified

Ive had one at Chang Klan post office for the past 6 years, I have all my post sent there (international) and nothing that I have been expecting has ever gone missing. I think I pay 150thb a year and on the first year I had to pay 350 deposit for the key. If the box isn't big enough for your parcel they will keep it locked behind the counter and put a note in your po box to let you know. Brilliant service and I would recommend it.

I have my box there too - never had a problem and a bargain for 150 Baht.

Mines just never gone up in the 6 years I've had it, I've just checked the receipts to see if I made a mistake in the price, but no it was 150thb in October when I renewed it. It also says on the receipt that I have a deposit for the key of 350thb which I had to pay the first year, so the first year was 500thb.

150 baht sounds unreal, so cheap...blink.png I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 500 baht if you'd start renting now.

You'd think every post office in CM having the same policy and prices... nope.

So they keep your parcel for 2 weeks... good to know.

Thanks to all for posting!