Location Of Immigration: Visa Extension

So I need to get my Visa extended pretty soon. According to my passport it looks like it expires on the 27th. So on the 26th (monday) I was going to try and go to immigration and get it extended.

Only problem is I don't remember where the immigration building is. I know it's that huge (seemingly unnecessarily large) building, but I don't remember the name of it. Anyone know?

My son is here on a 60 day tourist visa and is in the process of getting a thai ID (mother thai), due to the floods etc it is taking longer than expected and will probably have to extend his tv. Can he do this at suan plu or is it back to the government complex, it expires 12/1?

If by chance they do issue the ID before 12/1, is that all he needs for a 1year extension or does he need a thai passport?

We are in bkk and he is travelling on an australian passport.

Not the immigration office, but the district (amphoe) office issues the Thai ID card. I believe he must go to the district where the address registered for him in the house registration book (tabien baan) is located.

Maestro, I understand the ID procedure but am now concerned with the visa extension.

Yes you must go to the district where the tambian baan is registered,this is what is casing the delay as the district office is so busy with the flood aftermarth.