What Breed Are These Dogs?

I think they may be Doberman Pinschers, but not sure. There are three abandoned at Khao Toe-Sae Phuket if anyone is brave enough to grab them.

They are always hungry and I give them some food most days. They were very timid when they were pups - a few months ago - but now they are very friendly.

I think the people who dump these dogs should be dumped on a mountain without food and see how they like it.

I think they may be Doberman Pinschers, but not sure. There are three abandoned at Khao Toe-Sae Phuket if anyone is brave enough to grab them.

They are always hungry and I give them some food most days. They were very timid when they were pups - a few months ago - but now they are very friendly.

I think the people who dump these dogs should be dumped on a mountain without food and see how they like it.

I think they are part Thai ridgebacks-- some have the ridge some do not , looks a lot like my Sabu.

I beg to differ on that "just" title. All of my dogs have been, as I put it, 100% purebred dog and have displayed none of the health issues, personality issues and genetic problems that many overbred dogs that people seem to think are so valuable have. My dog Scruffy, a gorgeous white fluffy dog, lived to the ripe old age of 16. All of my current dogs are extremely fit, healthy, happy and friendly 11 year old dogs. I expect, unless something catastrophic happens, they will live to at least 16.

These dogs are supremely adapted to their environment and make great, loyal, loving and healthy pets.

I beg to differ on that "just" title. All of my dogs have been, as I put it, 100% purebred dog and have displayed none of the health issues, personality issues and genetic problems that many overbred dogs that people seem to think are so valuable have. My dog Scruffy, a gorgeous white fluffy dog, lived to the ripe old age of 16. All of my current dogs are extremely fit, healthy, happy and friendly 11 year old dogs. I expect, unless something catastrophic happens, they will live to at least 16.

These dogs are supremely adapted to their environment and make great, loyal, loving and healthy pets.

Fair dues. I would agree

hear hear! Soi dogs are great. Such loving dogs. All the dogs i had in Australia were from the RSPCA or similar. Smart and loving all of them.

I look forward to owning a soi dog or two down the track.

hear hear! Soi dogs are great. Such loving dogs. All the dogs i had in Australia were from the RSPCA or similar. Smart and loving all of them.

Where/how would you go about getting a puppy & $$$$?

Do u mean in Thailand?

Do u mean in Thailand?

Yes, in the Pattaya/Jomtien area.

Yes, in the Pattaya/Jomtien area.

My last 4 dogs have been at least one year old when i got them. Why do u want a puppy? Plenty of good older unwanted dogs about. Im sure rescue shelters have many puppies also.

I'll get mine from a rescue shelter. SCAD bangkok is not really that far from pattaya if u have your own car.

http://www.scadbangkok.org/adoption/adoptable-dogs.php

I don't know pattaya at all very well... but you could try this link.

http://pattaya.angloinfo.com/information/75/animals.asp#Lost

Good luck!

can only agree 100 percent with sbk, thai dogs are strong and good health usually, they have long lives if good taken care of. pure breeds will see the vet many times and some breeds average age does not exceed 5 yrs ;(

And they can be gorgeous dogs too. I am a huge Thai dog fan, they generally have the sweetest faces.

Here's my beloved and very much missed Scruffy.

post-4641-0-41155300-1325316831_thumb.jp

and here is another one of our dogs, again no breed, just 100% pure dog.

post-4641-0-04479600-1325316888_thumb.jp

And they can be gorgeous dogs too. I am a huge Thai dog fan, they generally have the sweetest faces.

Here's my beloved and very much missed Scruffy.

post-4641-0-41155300-1325316831_thumb.jp

and here is another one of our dogs, again no breed, just 100% pure dog.

post-4641-0-04479600-1325316888_thumb.jp

beautiful sbk. Here is one i got from soi dog phuket at 4 weeks old.He was born on the beach;

315633_224110830985466_100001596524513_640409_1479821442_n1.jpg

• 4 months later...

hi there,

ill add my bit to this post, im from the uk and my family have been dog men for generations, poaching with dogs, and youll never beat a cross bred dog, vigor, we had lurchers greyhound crosses, you had to give the greyhound some brain as there stupid, sight hound never had to use there brains, just look and chace what they saw, so you cross them with a collie to give them brain, one of my best ever dogs was g/hound to whipet then g/hound to spanial, and she was the best nite dog anyone could of wished for, all im getting at boys is that crossing a dog is the best thing that will happen to a dog, all these pedigree dogs nowadays there just bread for the show ring, you look at a show spanial and a working spanial, 2 differat breeds, well look like 2 different breeds,

trouble is the show men breed to close, and they will ruin dogs forever, bull dogs another breed ,bred for latching anto a bull, they wouldnt be able to run after one now adays, cant breath very good, alsations, hips go,, labradors,hips go, if ever you get a dog here get a soi dog,

sorry for my rant, take care all jake

hmmm we have a couple..think they are just 57s ......other soi dogs donated my friends and neighbors .....the somewhat inbred Shepherd was a TV members we picked up..many probs with health she but seems to be coming right......so different from the soi dogs though needs attention to the point of being a pain sometimes....

post-36430-0-73364100-1339041009_thumb.j

post-36430-0-13254900-1339041028_thumb.j

post-36430-0-50259200-1339041062_thumb.j

post-36430-0-71909600-1339041334_thumb.j

great bunch of dogs, im in scotald working at the moment, but ill ask the wife to take a pic of ours,, we got a poodle cross that i got the wife for her birthday and then we have patch just a thai dog we went to a pig farmer freind of ours and he was there 4 weeks old, i said put my name on him, and 2 weeks later i went and got him, hes great hes got the temprement of a lab and would look like one if he was black, but hes a little beauty, my wife amaised becouse ive got both of them fetching things back to me that i throw, she say hoqw can dog do that,,lol, like i say im in scotland at the moment, weve got a pig farm, but to be honest, weve got laying hens which i breed now as i sent a incubater last time i was here last year, weve got fish behind the pig stys in a pond for the run off,and she bought 25 baby ducks that she dosnt have to pay for till december as they say there all female, so as you can see we have quite a bit to look after but we are very very happy with our lifes, and we have a baby due in sept,

sorry ive gone of topic there sorry to everyone,

hmmm we have a couple..think they are just 57s ......other soi dogs donated my friends and neighbors .....the somewhat inbred Shepherd was a TV members we picked up..many probs with health she but seems to be coming right......so different from the soi dogs though needs attention to the point of being a pain sometimes....

If anyone in the pattaya area is looking to rescue a dog, and I do mean rescue, I can give directions how to get to a dog center near Ban Chang. ( can't remember the name ).

From Sukhumvit road go over Bhudda Mtn road, when you get to the T junction at the end turn right, after cresting the hill and going down the other side you will see a new Gov' office on your left. 40 meters past you turn left and about 250 meters later you will se a track running into the countryside, at this point I'll say a pick-up is a better idea than a car, you will see the occasional signs for the place and don't be surprised when you get there, it's not the most wonderful of places, at least wasn't 2 years ago. Many dogs in all conditions so 'if' you take a dog be prepared to for a few vet's bills to make sure it ends up healthy.