Duty Free

newbepat

Traveling soon, Dublin-Abu Dhabi-Bangkok, bags will be booked on to Bkk.

I was thinking of buying some wine, whiskey,ect. at Dublin duty free, I will have to carry on as hand baggage

Will I have problems doing the Abu Dhabi to Bangkok flight.

If I get the bag sealed at Dublin duty free will that be ok ?

Anybody have any comments?

Thanks in advance

Pat wai.gif

I don't think you will have a problem with a sealed bag but why not buy in Abu Dhabi, a better selection and cheaper (don't know about Irish whisky though). Another alternative is to buy on arrival in Bangkok but a limited selection.

Don't try and bring more than the allowance into Bangkok.

I don't think you will have a problem with a sealed bag but why not buy in Abu Dhabi, a better selection and cheaper (don't know about Irish whisky though). Another alternative is to buy on arrival in Bangkok but a limited selection.

Don't try and bring more than the allowance into Bangkok.

Jamesons Irish Whiskey (with an 'e' licklips.gif ) is available at King Power at Suvarnabhumi.

OP

You cannot bring one standard bottle of wine and one standard bottle of whiskey into Thailand. You will be over the limit.

Anyone know what the alcohol limits are. comming into Thailand?

One litre of anything alcoholic.

So, one litre of vodka. OK

2 x 70 cl bottles of wine. Over the limit.

I think this is the case. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Whats the max we can legally bring into LOS on duty free?

wine and whisky/whiskey - you might find the problems will be encountered at the Swampy end.

There was a thread on it recently.

The max is 2 liters. Period. It is a great customs scam. The customs guy get very excited over this. They have paid a fortune for their positions (up to 6,000,000 baht for a promotion to a mid level position!), and they use this to earn their money back. They can fine you 100,000 baht for bringing more than 2 liters! And they do this often. Be very careful. Also, in order for it to qualify it must be in a sealed bag, from duty free, if you are carrying it. Otherwise they can take it away, and they love to do that, as many of the customs guys prefer to drink foreign booze.