Philippine Airlines On Ensogo

beano2274

For those wishing to travel to any of the above check out ensogo.com

Your escape includes:

• Fly with a premium airline; Philippine Airlines.
  • One round-trip ticket to USA includes 5 destinations (choose from following: Las Vegas, Vancouver, Hawaii, San Francisco, and Los Angeles)
  • Includes fast track service
  • Valid for 1 month round-trip travel (since the departure date)
  • Open Jaw is offered (The departure city on the flight back to BKK can be different from the original arrived city - choose from the 5 destinations of the promotion)

How to reserve:

• Flying Period: Jan 23, 2012 – Mar 31, 2012
  • Booking period: December 26, 2011. – January 31, 2012 only
  • Need to pre-book: at least 7 days in advance
  • To reserve: Call 02-633-5713 – 4 Ext 102-105 or email at [email protected] (Voucher Number and Barcode are required for reservation)
  • On arrival: Only printed voucher is accepted (no SMS).

The fine print:

• Voucher limit: May purchase 5 vouchers/ person.
  • Redeem: Voucher is used to redeem tickets at Philippine Airlines office at 12th floor Manorom Building 3354/47 Rama 4 Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
    • Mon – Fri : 08.30 A.M. - 05.00 P.M.
    • Sat : 09.00 A.M. - Midday

[*]Additional charges: Fuel charge taxes and airport taxes are NOT included in voucher. Please call 02-633-5713 – 4 Ext 102-105 or email at [email protected] for more information.

[*]Luggage allowance: 2 pieces @ 23 Kgs/ piece (except HNL @ 32 Kgs/piece), On Board: 7 kgs.

[*]Miscellaneous: May pick own seat; upon booking confirmation, tickets must be issued within 48 hours with Includes inflight meals and full services. (incl. alcohol)

[*]Child policy: For child age not over 12 years old may get the special ticket price at ฿ 14,100 with the same conditions as adult (Further information please contact directly to Philippine Airlines)

[*]Seats subject to availability. Once the booking has been confirmed any cancellation or amendment are not allowed.

Please don't ask me am just passing information on as I know many people out there will be interested

I flew twice this year from SFO to BKK via Manila on Philippine Air as an air courier. Overall, a pretty shabby operation. The 747-400's are tired looking; stained and threadbare upholstery, cabins stale smelling. Seating is very cramped, the least amount of leg-room on any international carrier I've flown. Food was mediocre. IFE very poor; one flight had only one large, out of focus screen on front cabin wall; terrible slash and crash movie. Other flight had seatback tv's but they quit working an hour into the flight and never came back on.

FA's were attentive and friendly. If you are travelling on to BKK, there is a long layover in MNL. They put you into a small transit lounge with comfortable chairs and offer you a free meal voucher at an airport cafe. They will even deliver it to you in the lounge. The new terminal departure area is not bad; free internet on offer.

I flew twice this year from SFO to BKK via Manila on Philippine Air as an air courier. Overall, a pretty shabby operation. The 747-400's are tired looking; stained and threadbare upholstery, cabins stale smelling. Seating is very cramped, the least amount of leg-room on any international carrier I've flown. Food was mediocre. IFE very poor; one flight had only one large, out of focus screen on front cabin wall; terrible slash and crash movie. Other flight had seatback tv's but they quit working an hour into the flight and never came back on.

FA's were attentive and friendly. If you are travelling on to BKK, there is a long layover in MNL. They put you into a small transit lounge with comfortable chairs and offer you a free meal voucher at an airport cafe. They will even deliver it to you in the lounge. The new terminal departure area is not bad; free internet on offer.

I am flying to BKK from Hawaii soon and have been looking into flights with Philippine Airlines. Regarding the "long layover in MNL," on the itinerary, you will only be in MNL for approximately two hours (coming from Hawaii, into MNL, and departing for BKK). What is so long about two hours?

If you have experience where your flight was delayed coming through MNL, I would appreciate your insight on this. If not, I think two hours is reasonable, especially since earlier this year, I sat around at Narita Airport for five or six hours between flights...

I am flying to BKK from Hawaii soon and have been looking into flights with Philippine Airlines. Regarding the "long layover in MNL," on the itinerary, you will only be in MNL for approximately two hours (coming from Hawaii, into MNL, and departing for BKK). What is so long about two hours?

If you have experience where your flight was delayed coming through MNL, I would appreciate your insight on this. If not, I think two hours is reasonable, especially since earlier this year, I sat around at Narita Airport for five or six hours between flights...

My flight was SFO-BKK, not HNL. Scheduled layover was 7 hours. I never said anything about 2 hours.

I would definitely rather sit around in Narita for a few hours than even one hour in Manila, particularly in Terminal 1 which has to be the shabbiest airport in an Asian capital.

As for Philippine Airlines? Shabby again with very low marks for service AND safety. They are banned from Europe and the US FAA downgraded them from Category I to Category II in 2008 for safety reasons, which means they can keep their existing flights but cannot add any new ones. The US Embassy subsequently issued a warning to US citizens in the Philippines “to refrain from using Philippine-based carriers due to ‘serious concerns'.

How much money did you say you were going to save????

By the way, I unfortunately have to pass through MNL every month and recently nearly every flight has been delayed due to flow control. Most recently, it took 45 minutes to land from the time we arrived over the field due to traffic. There is only a single runway at MNL and at certain times there are long waits for departure and landing clearance. And then there are immigration queues, but that's another story.

I would definitely rather sit around in Narita for a few hours than even one hour in Manila, particularly in Terminal 1 which has to be the shabbiest airport in an Asian capital.

As for Philippine Airlines? Shabby again with very low marks for service AND safety. They are banned from Europe and the US FAA downgraded them from Category I to Category II in 2008 for safety reasons, which means they can keep their existing flights but cannot add any new ones. The US Embassy subsequently issued a warning to US citizens in the Philippines “to refrain from using Philippine-based carriers due to ‘serious concerns'.

How much money did you say you were going to save????

By the way, I unfortunately have to pass through MNL every month and recently nearly every flight has been delayed due to flow control. Most recently, it took 45 minutes to land from the time we arrived over the field due to traffic. There is only a single runway at MNL and at certain times there are long waits for departure and landing clearance. And then there are immigration queues, but that's another story.

PAL is about $300 US cheaper than the other airliners. So you are adamantly opposed to PAL? I'd like to check China Airlines, but they do not allow me to book so far in advance (I will be in BKK in June 2012). Any suggestions?

I just had a look at kayak.com and they showed a bookable fare for 20 June HNL-BKK-BKK for $1329. Not sure what sort of price you found on PI. I never actually flown China Airlines, so I don't know if they are any better than PI, but they aren't rated by US FAA in Category II for safety, and although not great, Taipei is definitely a much better airport to spend a few hours in than Manila.

I just had a look at kayak.com and they showed a bookable fare for 20 June HNL-BKK-BKK for $1329. Not sure what sort of price you found on PI. I never actually flown China Airlines, so I don't know if they are any better than PI, but they aren't rated by US FAA in Category II for safety, and although not great, Taipei is definitely a much better airport to spend a few hours in than Manila.

Thanks for the information. I obviously want to fly out for as cheap as possible. PAL = $1100 US. China = $1300-1400 US. Korean = $1450 US...

Will these prices likely increase the sooner it gets to June? Some have suggested that they could since travel season to BKK is currently happening at this time of the year.

Any input with valid information would be appreciated.

The source of the information needs to be reminded that Vancouver is NOT a USA destination.

The only "Vancouver" in the USA (Vancouver, Washington) has no international airport.

The source of the information being a website called ensogo, who make many mistakes when translating Thai to English like most places.

Actually think no-one bought any vouchers for it, will check it out

Added - cannot check it out, but remember seeing no-one had purchased with just one day to go..

Edited by beano2274