Dentists In Thailand

JoelC

Hi Im looking into Braces when I move to Thailand and wondered if anyone has any recomendations for such work? So far the online prices I've seen are about the same as in the US. Am I just seeing Farang adjusted prices or is it really that high there like it is in the US? Thanks!

Go into the dentists yourself and ask personally, also try places near Universities as most of the students will have braces, and a lot of them will leave near the campus.

It also depends on where in Thailand you are gonna move to.

Hi Im looking into Braces when I move to Thailand and wondered if anyone has any recomendations for such work? So far the online prices I've seen are about the same as in the US. Am I just seeing Farang adjusted prices or is it really that high there like it is in the US? Thanks!

I used and excellent dentist in Bangkok, no inflated prices in this thread here http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4886696

Dont bother with Dentajoy in the same shopping centre, sure it looks pretty but its a rip off 500 baht just to have a look, this guy speaks good English if you need it, jolly nice fellow.

Edited by travelmann

Do you really need them or is it just this stupid fad they have here at the moment? I keep seeing these gormless faced girls with a gob full of metal and whose teeth look perfect to me.

I don't know the current prices in the U.S. My oldest daughter got braces 2 1/2 months ago in Bangkok. The total price will be approximately 1800 $US. The total time will be 12 to 14 months. This is a dental office that has been in business for over 20 years. My family uses the same office for all our dental needs. Their patients are both Thai and Western. They will tell you the total costs upfront.

It would help to know what area of Thailand you'll be living in. Anyhow, here in Chiang Mai, our daughters teeth were done for about 45k - 50k . Total time will be aqbout 2 1/2 years in her case as she required oral surgery (included) to free a tooth that could not break through her gum on its own.

Edited by lannarebirth

Traditional braces with small metal things on your teeth are definitely cheaper than The US. But if you wanna go for Invisalign, clear invisible trays that act like metal braces, it is almost the same price as in the US since they have to send to the lab in the US for fabrication. This is the dentist I always use, they are great and reliable. Check it out www.bangkoksmiledental.com

I need a lot of work done on my teeth.

I am in Pattaya and am yet to find a Dentist that speaks excellent English.

My Thai is hopeless so I need to find that English speaking dentist to explain fully my dental problems.

Any one know of such a Dentist in Pattaya?

Appreciate any replies

It would help to know what area of Thailand you'll be living in. Anyhow, here in Chiang Mai, our daughters teeth were done for about 45k - 50k . Total time will be aqbout 2 1/2 years in her case as she required oral surgery (included) to free a tooth that could not break through her gum on its own.

+1, My gf had to have three teeth removed and it will take 30 months in her case also for the treatment to be a success, that is the kind of money it is costing us too.

About 50k and two years or a little more seems to be about normal here as doing in both Bangkok and Phuket at just about the same price. Total price is provided and you pay each visit/month. It may be same monthly payment or tied to what is actually done each time.