Wanna Buy A New Izusu Pick Up

tutsiwarrior

hello folks...I'm looking to buy a new Izusu crew cab (4 doors), 3.0 liter diesel, 2WD with auto and full power...please advise links to sites (thai and English language) where I can find the necessary info to make a reasoned choice when I go to the dealer (please see subject line for the thread)...

also, anyone buy a new one lately and any comments? and do the dealers sell the 'Carry Boy' camper shells? Ideally, I'd pay 'cash on the barrel' with a good warranty agreement but what about financing arrangements?

thanks in advance...

I was at the Pattaya Isuzu Dealer 2 weeks ago, interested in a 2.5 l, 4 doors, automatic, 2 wheels, white color, which costs 880'000 Baht. They seem to sell pretty well, and since it is a new model, they do dont offer much freebies. Ive just got film, mats, rust protection, widow visor, but no insurance. When I add the bedliner (6'000 Baht) and the topup (20'000 Baht) I want, I end up clearly over 900'000, which is over my budget. So I decided to wait a while, I think in 3 month at least the insurance will be given.

I was at the Pattaya Isuzu Dealer 2 weeks ago, interested in a 2.5 l, 4 doors, automatic, 2 wheels, white color, which costs 880'000 Baht. They seem to sell pretty well, and since it is a new model, they do dont offer much freebies. Ive just got film, mats, rust protection, widow visor, but no insurance. When I add the bedliner (6'000 Baht) and the topup (20'000 Baht) I want, I end up clearly over 900'000, which is over my budget. So I decided to wait a while, I think in 3 month at least the insurance will be given.

very interesting...the dealer should offer an insurance deal as well?...I was expecting thb1m + and a 3.0 liter can't cost much more than a 2.5...also I was wanting a gold or silver color as it hides the dirt better...we talking about a diesel?

were you able to get any info from the net before you talked to the dealer?

thanks so much for your help; I haven't bought a new car in over 25 years and forgot about the deals that dealers make...

btw, I was wanting to buy in the next month or so...is that feasible for delivery?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

very interesting...the dealer should offer an insurance deal as well?...I was expecting thb1m + and a 3.0 liter can't cost much more than a 2.5...also I was wanting a gold or silver color as it hides the dirt better...we talking about a diesel?

were you able to get any info from the net before you talked to the dealer?

thanks so much for your help; I haven't bought a new car in over 25 years and forgot about the deals that dealers make...

btw, I was wanting to buy in the next month or so...is that feasible for delivery?

Look here

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/th/vehicle/searchvehicles.php?lang=en&prcmin=-1&prcmax=-1&minyr=2012&maxyr=2012&engmin=-1&engmax=-1&tran=&kwords=isuzu&Submit=Begin+Search&new=1&make=ISUZ&family=D-MAX&vt=PU

The 3 litre / 4-door / 2 WD / AT is 919'000 Baht (+ 7000 Baht for white color). - A 1-year first class insurance is usually included in the deal, but not for good selling new models, eg. this isuzu, as far as I know also not for Nissan Almera an Ford Wildtrack at the moment.

I guess delivery time for this car would be around 3 month, so better make your purchase quick.

You find some information about the car as well as the available colors on the net.

They seem to have stayed around the same price since I bought mine 6 years ago, about the only difference was they threw in the bed liner.

We paid our money and drove out the door with it, no waiting.

Haven't been able to fault it in 6 years, runs like a dream, economical and you can get at least 10 inlaws in the back.

Edited by sceadugenga

They seem to have stayed around the same price since I bought mine 6 years ago, about the only difference was they threw in the bed liner.

Haven't been able to fault it in 6 years, runs like a dream, economical and you can get at least 10 inlaws in the back.

An Honest Man at Last .!!!. Six Years , well maintained , and they remain good value.coffee1.gif

Just wait till you drive a Toyota Vigo Auto, you could be in heaven. laugh.png

Yesterday in Pattaya I saw a Vigo V8 (with Bangkok Plates), not sure if it was real it sounded like one though

Yesterday in Pattaya I saw a Vigo V8 (with Bangkok Plates), not sure if it was real it sounded like one though

licklips.gif , loved to have heard it. jap.gif

Indeed, I actually favoured the Toyota when I went out to buy but the local service facilities at Isuzu were far superior which swung the balance towards it.

Personally I now see little difference between the two.

Edited by sceadugenga