Google Chrome - New Tab - No Search

PETERTHEEATER

I'm pretty confused over this since other on-line forums say that Google are working to fix this bug.

I keep all my regular pages as bookmarks and they all open as separate tabs when Chrome is started up.

Prior to a recent update of Chrome if I clicked NEW TAB and then typed key words in the search box it would produce the searches. Now nothing happens at all even hitting ENTER.

I have cleared the cache and history etc but still the same which means that I now have to open IE as a separate browser to access new sites.

I'm sure that I am not the only CHROME user so what's wrong?

Yes, FIREFOX users, I know you prefer that browser and so did I but then it decided to always go to a gov.th server on every search at always timed out. I tried Chrome and it has been working fine until the update!

You can save your bookmarks in Firefox or somewhere in the cloud and then put Chrome in the trash and try to download it again. Start fresh. I tried mine on a macbook pro and it works fine.

Just tried that but it's the same, I think the new download just overwrote the current version.

If I select the 'Enable Instant Searching' option it throws up any sites previously visited (or already open in another TAB) following the first input letter alphabetically. For example if I type Wheelbarrow it shows various web sites with names beginning with W.

I shall now try an UNINSTALL and a clean INSTALL but I am not holding my breath.

That didn't work either. I can't believe that I am the only CHROME user in the world with this problem! The Google Forum claims it's fixed!

My current workaround to avoid IE is to access the Google browser via my Gmail account!

Have you tried disabling any addons ?

totster :D

Not on Topic - really.

I used to love Chrome but the latest incarnation makes me go to that irritating, puerile "spanner" in the top right of the Menu Bar then move down to "Bookmarks" before I can access my saved Sites.

A two step - at least - process that just wastes my time.

OK maybe I am missing a "shortcut" here somewhere - but both IE and Firefox let me see a list of Favourites in one click.

Patrick

That didn't work either. I can't believe that I am the only CHROME user in the world with this problem! The Google Forum claims it's fixed!

My current workaround to avoid IE is to access the Google browser via my Gmail account!

Have you tried disabling any addons ?

totster biggrin.png

Yes, but no effect. Afetr opening Chrome for the first time, if I select NEW TAB and type any search word or string in the box it opens a duplicate page of a TAB already open (I save all frequent used siets to open as separate tabs when Chrome opens)