Looking For A Small 3500W Hot Water With Decent Volume

We have a Panasonic DH-3FT2 which happily drives my shower, I don't think it's supposed to be multipoint but it also provides warm water to the bathroom sink.

The problem is that you cannae change the laws of physics - Jim, 3500 Watts is marginal for getting enough water to actually shower if you like it hot rather than lukewarm.

Actually I find 3.5K fine in Bangkok 99% of the time (and able to lower volume when not). It helps to have sunlight on SS tanks but even when rainy seldom need the full 3.5K. The problem for us and believe what his 'plow' reference may refer to (although it just a guess) getting enough flow through the heater to feel more than a mist if not using cold/hot mixer valve. We have solved that with Grundfos pump as all the heaters seemed to be about the same - will less than hotel flow at normal well pump pressure of 30-35 psi.

If you have good water pressure then I would echo Crossy's last comment. In my experience up country 3500 watts means you can take a cool shower at full volume, a warm shower at half volume, or a hot shower at low volume. Moral of the story is 3500 watts is not enough. Get something bigger.

If your water pressure is low then even bigger units restrict the flow as they are necked down much smaller than the normal 1/2" tubing internally. They usually let you open the hood on the display shelf so you can compare for yourself. Due to the restricted flow at the outlet in this environment, 3500 watts should be enough.

Yea, "flow-wise" a person should still have appox the same amount of water flowing through a 3500W heater as compared to say a 6000W heater if you were to hook one up at the same residence. Internal heater tube diameter would probably be the same between the two heaters; it's just there is more heat tubing/loops (maybe two sets of heating tubing/loops compared to one) to heat the water in the 6000W heater.

A larger/6000W heater is going to heat the water more than a 3500W heater (da)....with this lower heating the 3500W heater flow output can give the person the false feeling of a "low flow" when actually it's just the heated water is at a lower temperature. I have a 6000W heater here in Bangkok and it provides hot enough water year round, although during these cooler months of Dec-Feb you can tell the max water temperature is lower since the stainless steel water storage tank is not getting as much/weaker sunlight...and sunlight is the source of energy to pre-warm the water in the tank before it heads off for the house pipes/water heater. But that's no big deal as I just adjust the mix of hot and cold water controls (i.e. less cold water) in the shower to make my body feel happy. And actually, when I reduce the amount of cold water I have just reduce the flow somewhat, but I'm still getting more than enough warm water flow out of the ol' shower head.