Walen School In Koh Samui

does it cost any extra to take classes with girl #2 in the first photo?

This is our manager, khun First, no need to pay extra -). If you have private lessons you can request a teacher, of course subject to availability as we expect a lot of students in Walen Samui, especially in high season.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, we have made a lot of progress with building Walen Samui and he hope to be open for business on the 15th of June but cannot guarantee as we do not have all papers yet. Construction is not easy on the island but almost completed also. This is all very exciting. Now we also have a team ready to take good care of Walen students.

Walen School - knowledge is power, learn and earn!

Is the school still planning to open on 15th

thanks

BKS

Hi, we teach already so we are techincally open for business but we are not fully registered with the ministry of education yet but it will happen soon, perhpas a month or so.

Edited by MacWalen

• 3 months later...

Hi, we teach already so we are techincally open for business but we are not fully registered with the ministry of education yet but it will happen soon, perhpas a month or so.

Just thought i would ask how your getting on. Is a ED visa available in Samui yet or via the offices in BKK

Thanks

BKK

Hi all.

I have two questions to the school managers.

I and my two friends want to visit Samui next month.

We want to study at your school at least for one year.

We are not native English speakers, so we want to choose English courses.

So the questions are:

1) Will you provide us a 1-year Education Visa?

2) I know, that i must renew 1-year Education Visa every three months in the Immigration Office.

The main question is - can i renew it at Koh Samui Nathon local Immigration office, or should i travel to Bangkok to renew it?

The second question is really important.

Thank you very much.

I am not a school manager, nor in any way affiliated with the school; however, according to Walen's website, the answers to your questions are, 1) Yes. And, 2) Yes, you can renew it at your local immigration office.

And the realy wonderfull news is:

The ED visa is free and you can stay in Thailand without any limits.

(that information is based on the ad that pops op next to this thread)

Walen update: we are close to opening but the registration with the ministry of education is a real drag on the whole operation. We are waiting for months and it is apparently going to be registered early next month. We are not even allowed to have a lightbox till they register us.

Once we have registration we will be able to provide quality Thai and English lessons as well as first class ED visa assistance. We hope to become a popular school on the island and operate for many years to come.

Edited by MacWalen

Walen update: we are close to opening but the registration with the ministry of education is a real drag on the whole operation. We are waiting for months and it is apparently going to be registered early next month. We are not even allowed to have a lightbox till they register us.

Once we have registration we will be able to provide quality Thai and English lessons as well as first class ED visa assistance. We hope to become a popular school on the island and operate for many years to come.

Will it be any different to the "MIND YOUR LANGUAGE" school down on the Old Monkey road ?

Will it be any different to the "MIND YOUR LANGUAGE" school down on the Old Monkey road ?

Very funny Oldsailor. I see you are a very smart man.

Cant see what was funny about Oldsailors question, seems valid... i think another way to phrase the question would be, what extra services do you provide over MYL , and why should people chose your company over other Schools in Samui :?

• Like 1

is your school open yet and easy to reach?

does it cost any extra to take private lesson with girl #3 or #4 in the first photo?

planning my next visit in october..

If you read a few posts back you will have your answer.

Look here :

the link doesn't work..

i'm looking for private lessons, i would like to arrange that before i arrive there.. walen seems to have a good name there?..

Funny it works for me, but here you go, this will answer your question.

Posted 2012-09-26 10:14:59

OK ! no answer to that one ?

OK ! no answer to that one ?

Yes, will be different, I am a bit sensitive as for years and years some people are not so nice here so if they like to use services of other schools they are welcome to do it. Walen is a very popular school in other locations and I believe will become popular in Samui also. Walen is not a ED visa school and we actually know how to teach Thai. I cannot comment on other school. It is your money, you can try for free at Walen and could ask for the same at other schools and see which you like better.

Walen also has a DCS partnership program so you can learn and earn at the same time.

I did not respond previously as I wasn't sure what were your intentions as I am not a fighter, I like peaceful business. We don't bother anybody and we appreciate if people don't bother us. Live and let others live also.

If you like other school better use their service, if you like Walen better use our service. In any case we do our best to take good care of our customers.

Walen School

Knowledge is power - share it!

Edited by MacWalen

• 2 weeks later...

We are close to opening now. We have a part time job for a native speaker English teacher. Preferably female but not necessary. Good voice and pleasant personality required. Experience not necessary as we will provide comprehensive training. If you help us with DCS marketing we pay very well.

post-46756-0-09912100-1349941478_thumb.j

So will you give a discount if we don't need an ED-visa?

After seven years here I might want to take some classes.

When did you suddenly become Hansum man?

I thought Pink Lady had closed....whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Anyway back on topic....Walen School will be a welcome addition when the doors finally open. thumbsup.gif More Thai speaking....better understanding of the locals.

Hmmmm....cheesy.gif

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Cant see what was funny about Oldsailors question, seems valid... i think another way to phrase the question would be, what extra services do you provide over MYL , and why should people chose your company over other Schools in Samui :?

Yes an innocent question so i am thinking the same !

We are close to opening now. We have a part time job for a native speaker English teacher. Preferably female but not necessary. Good voice and pleasant personality required. Experience not necessary as we will provide comprehensive training. If you help us with DCS marketing we pay very well.

Might call in and see you when i return as i live on Samui and always looking for something to do, i don't necessarily want a paid job. I have spent some pleasant hours on beach at Maenam helping some kids from a local school with their english, but could'nt persue it as i have no training.

Oldsailor when they say preferably female they usually mean female and attractive, I'm just imagining you as rusty old seadog with a big gray beard and face that tells a thousand stories of the wild seas, that's just cause your aka is oldsailor :) No offense intended, it's just a mental impression the aka gives to someone I do not know at all.

• Like 1

Oldsailor when they say preferably female they usually mean female and attractive, I'm just imagining you as rusty old seadog with a big gray beard and face that tells a thousand stories of the wild seas, that's just cause your aka is oldsailor smile.png No offense intended, it's just a mental impression the aka gives to someone I do not know at all.

biggrin.png What about a rusty old kataoy sea dog?