New Canon Camera

OLDAUSSIE

I just bought one last month from B&H camera in New York and had it shipped here via UPS Worldwide. Total cost, including camera, 8 gig card, shipping, duty and vat was 15,000.

I am impressed with the wide angle capacity of the lens, the speed of the shutter and incredible 35X zoom. A great camera for everyday use and with skill can approach higher priced camera quality. Night photography outstanding.

For someone who doesn't want to change lenses, this is a great camera.

I forgot to mention that I was under the impression that this camera was not readily available in Thailand since it was new to the distribution chain and they didn't get enough made before the floods to cover all their usual countries. I certainly couldn't find any in Chiang Mai when I looked.

You will immediately notice if you go on line that they are not readily available in Oz and most of the online retailers offering them on Oz sites are actually Hong Kong based. I also noticed that the prices went as high as 550 dollars at some of those retailers, however, I am not sure if they were using HK dollars but I thought they were quoting AUD at the time. Also, the shipping is 50 AUD, higher than from the US. Norman, Dick Smith and other Oz online retailers didn't show them as available.

The UPS Wordwide tracking was fascinating as it only took five days to get to my door from New York and that included a whole day in China with equipment failure. It was routed through Alaska, then to Hong Kong, then mainland China, then Singapore and Bangkok and then to my door in Chiang Mai. Tracking revealed it was logged in on a Monday morning in BKK from Singapore at 3:00am and at my door in CM by noon.

I forgot to mention that I was under the impression that this camera was not readily available in Thailand since it was new to the distribution chain and they didn't get enough made before the floods to cover all their usual countries. I certainly couldn't find any in Chiang Mai when I looked.

You will immediately notice if you go on line that they are not readily available in Oz and most of the online retailers offering them on Oz sites are actually Hong Kong based. I also noticed that the prices went as high as 550 dollars at some of those retailers, however, I am not sure if they were using HK dollars but I thought they were quoting AUD at the time. Also, the shipping is 50 AUD, higher than from the US. Norman, Dick Smith and other Oz online retailers didn't show them as available.

The UPS Wordwide tracking was fascinating as it only took five days to get to my door from New York and that included a whole day in China with equipment failure. It was routed through Alaska, then to Hong Kong, then mainland China, then Singapore and Bangkok and then to my door in Chiang Mai. Tracking revealed it was logged in on a Monday morning in BKK from Singapore at 3:00am and at my door in CM by noon.

I might have to wait for them to re-stock their shelves.