What Restaurant Would You Recommend In Rawai?

walker600

Just really looking for some new idea's on where to go, feel stuck in a rutt going to the same restaurants all the time and fancy something new.

I prefer Thai food really and don't mind eating at a roadside cafe or somewhere more fancy like Norbu's or Mando's.....

Penny for your thoughts licklips.gif

Edited by walker600

I haven't been to this place, but, I hear it has excellent Thai vegetarian food and is very cheap.

In Chalong, if you come out of the road that goes to the Lighthouse and the Tamarind bar (not Chalong Pier road), a couple of restaurants up on your right on Chao Fah East road.

Rum Jungle on Sai Yuan is good if the Canadian guy that runs it is there. I get the eggplant parmesan usually. Many of the specials on the chalk board menu are good. For Thai food I go to a place on Viset past the entrance to Wat Rawai on that side of the road, towards the beach. There is a pharmacy with a liquor store next door, then next to that is the restaurant then a motorbike repair shop and a barber.

Edited by Jimi007

Yes true, but it still doesn't hurt to get a recommendation, be it good food, good value, good view etc....

Fair enough.

The Paradise Beach (or something like that) on the Rawai 'beach-front' does good chips and a decent 'burger. Not cheap and I haven't tried their Thai food.

Edit - Nikitas (also on the Rawai beach-front) has great views, often a decent breeze, and the food is OK. Its a bit expensive and not v friendly, but a good place to take visiting friends.

Edited by F1fanatic

Rum Jungle on Sai Yuan is good if the Canadian guy that runs it is there. I get the eggplant parmesan usually. Many of the specials on the chalk board menu are good. For Thai food I go to a place on Viset past the entrance to Wat Rawai on that side of the road, towards the beach. There is a pharmacy with a liquor store next door, then next to that is the restaurant then a motorbike repair shop and a barber.

Its really unfortunate, but nowadays I avoid Sai Yuan like the plague... It used to be OK and I liked a couple of restaurants there, but now it is too busy and too many drive like maniacs along such a narrow road.

Edited by F1fanatic

Try looking on Trip Advisor for PHuket and Rawai...

Kallots is nice no Sai Yuan/ cheap Thai and European food. good prices.

Living FOods Cafe if you want vegetarian food / organic food in nai harn however it is raw vegan and I think deliscious and amazing but not for everyone as some people don't appreciate purely nutritional food.

Just past M&M 's on the way to the lake. http://www.wellnesshouse.asia/phuketliving-food-cafe/

At the end of Rawai beach main road where a small side road carries on along the foreshore

There is a group of restaurants about 500 metres along that road

We go to the first one, better view than Nikitas mostly Thai food

and not expensive and the food is good

I had dinner at Amalfi's the other night. Italian obviousment. Not Thai as you prefer, but very good. I think I was the only one speaking English in the place. Some parking down the side as well. Free corkage if you want to bring a bottle of vino.

Yes Rum Jungle good place I've never had a bad meal there.....

You should try Kates Resturaunt on Soi Yanui at Yanui Corner, its a very small nice Thai Family Resturaunt run buy an ex Dons girl Kate...

She does a great job thai and falang food not expensive at all...

She will even cook something for you if its not on the menu just tell her what you like and she can cook for you...

nice place...

ps...I'm just a happy customer I don't run the place....cheers