Computer Problem

kenny999

My friend the Policeman has just come to me about his computer, it will not start correctly, a black screen appears with the options:

Safe mode

Safe mode with networking

safe mode with command prompt

start windows normally

I have tried the start windows normally a few times but it just goes back to the black screen, is this something I can sort out for him with advice or is it a shop job.

Edited by kenny999

Try Safe Mode. If all ok it will start normally again next time. If not, get expert advice.

Cheers mate I tried entering safe mode, the screen turned into a mass of letters and numbers, it then goes back to a light blue screen with other options, he is going to return the comp as it is under warrenty.

My friend the Policeman has just come to me about his computer (...)

Always good to have policemen as friends in Thailand... just in case jerk.gif

I remember spending an afternoon at a local police station trying to fix their virus-loaded computers there. Too much leisure-oriented usage taking place I guess. They once very politely asked me to come because they couldn't play VCDs during guards anymore. After I had replaced the drive, I asked for a VCD to test my repair. One of them walked to a locked cupboard and came back holding a disc of a kind that... ahem... you guess it. TiT.

sounds like the HD has a bad error preventing it form booting properly.

Do you have a windows disk? preferbabbly the same as the OS that the machine is currently running?

Or can you get you hands on a windows disk?

Boot form the disk and run diognostics