Thai Refuses To Vacate Wife'S Property

Whoever pays the property taxes is the legal owner of the land, case closed.

Next

Wholly incorrect.

Not incorrect at all, the property tax payment notification will be sent to the address on record. It doesn't have to be the actual location of the land.

The person who pays the tax acknowledges it is their responsibility to pay the tax, if they can show receipts issued for payment.

In a court of law it will stand. The judge will question why the owner on record had not paid it themselves and why the tax bill was being sent where it was.

If you feel it is wholly incorrect please explain why. I know of more than one case where this has been the deciding factor.

Next

Wholly incorrect.

Not incorrect at all, the property tax payment notification will be sent to the address on record. It doesn't have to be the actual location of the land.

The person who pays the tax acknowledges it is their responsibility to pay the tax, if they can show receipts issued for payment.

In a court of law it will stand. The judge will question why the owner on record had not paid it themselves and why the tax bill was being sent where it was.

If you feel it is wholly incorrect please explain why. I know of more than one case where this has been the deciding factor.

More than one case? decisively the sole criterion then ;)

We can therefore dispense with the land code, land offices, chanotes (and lesser titles), squatters rights, competing ownership claims et al and just rely on tax receipts?

Next

Wholly incorrect.

More than one case? decisively the sole criterion then wink.png

We can therefore dispense with the land code, land offices, chanotes (and lesser titles), squatters rights, competing ownership claims et al and just rely on tax receipts?

in this case, you got it.

Wife has been informed that squatter will not leave under any circumstances. even if he were paid hundreds of thousands of baht. He insists my wife cannot get him out.

This has me worried and I have advised my wife to get a lawyer immediately.

Not sure who has paid last two years property tax but have urged my wife to pay it asap.