Getting Things You'Re Not Supposed To Have

ludditeman

I always shop in Macro as the fresh meat is considerably cheaper than anywhere else and good quality.

It's also my nearest big store. I had previously asked about Member cards and was always told 'you need a business'.

So yesterday I walked in as usual, 'day pass please', and the cute girl on the customer desk smiled at me and said 'why don't you get a membership card?'. 'What do I need to do', I asked. 'Passport or driving licence and an address in this Amphur will do', she spoke really good English. I handed over my DL, told her my address (which was different from the address on the DL). 'OK, do your shopping and come back here with your receipt to collect your card'.

30 minutes later I'm back, 'do you have a business', she asked, 'Nope', says I, 'Never mind, here is your member card'

When I get home, the gf was furious, 'How the hell did you get one of those, whenever I asked they told me I needed to have a business'

Beats me but TiT!

If you can stand relatively upright and give the appearance of breathing, you can get a Makro card.

Or if you live with a family where a healthy diet consists of ya dong and lao kao find a relative who can stand upright and you're quids in.

In the old days, that was the rule and it was kind of enforced.... nowadays less so... which finally makes sense. It's not like the customers are going to flood the hypermart and they won't be able to keep items in stock or count the cash in time.

:)

i just applied and was given a card, no questions asked, business accounts get a diffent receipt by the looks of it, as in more detailed and copies. must be down to store management. at the time i got mine the manager was English guy so maybe some logic was being applied, shame he has gone. as happened before where he was manager things starting to go down hill rapido.

he was English but i am infurring farang logic, not purley because he was English, so Anti Brits hold off the keyboard.smile.png

In the old days, that was the rule and it was kind of enforced.... nowadays less so... which finally makes sense. It's not like the customers are going to flood the hypermart and they won't be able to keep items in stock or count the cash in time.

smile.png

This or a few years back the business rule was relaxed.

Edited by arthurwait

smile.png

This or a few years back the business rule was relaxed.

Because one Mum & Pop card was buying enough to stock Big C?

If you can stand relatively upright and give the appearance of breathing, you can get a Makro card.

:lol:

Reminds me of "heartbeat home loans".

What's wrong with these big corporations? Making patrons jump through hoops just to shop on their premises, jeez! rolleyes.gif

I handed over my DL, told her my address (which was different from the address on the DL).

Thai DL's do not have an address on them. Kinda puts your post in suspect light, don't you think?

TH

@Thaihome

My Thai DL issued in Bangkok 8 years ago has my Bangkok address written in Thai on the back of the license. Have you tried looking at the back of yours? Or do you even have a 10 year license?

Edited by mojaco

I handed over my DL, told her my address (which was different from the address on the DL).

Thai DL's do not have an address on them. Kinda puts your post in suspect light, don't you think?

TH

@Thaihome

My Thai DL issued in Bangkok 8 years ago has my Bangkok address written in Thai on the back of the license. Have you tried looking at the back of yours? Or do you even have a 10 year license?

I was under the impression that a Thai DL lasted 5 years not 10 Years!unsure.png

TH

@Thaihome

I was under the impression that a Thai DL lasted 5 years not 10 Years!unsure.png

Mine was issued 25 July 2003 and expires 23 August 2014. If you wish I can scan front and back and post it here.

Edited by mojaco

TH

@Thaihome

I was too.. but he is right about the address on the back