Online Activities Bad For Morality: Thai Culture Ministry Secretary

webfact

One of the best things a farang can do in Thailand is facilitate healthier venues for youngsters. There are a many ways to this. First, you need to decide what venues you feel are well suited for kids. It may be a tennis court, or aikido classes, or a community vege garden (unknown in Thailand), or something similar to what I do: create park-like spaces from rural land parcels that were formerly sticker weed-covered.

There is joy in observing children genuinely enjoying themselves in a healthy environment. It can be as simple as setting up a see-saw or a rope swing from a tree. Obviously, you want to make it as safe as possible. Other suggestions: sand box, jungle gym, baseball diamond (of course it will be used for soccer), basketball hoop, hiking trail (yes, I've done some of those also in Thailand). If you're not so much in to building things outdoors, try setting up an arts & crafts scenario. Make it free and easy to join. Just yesterday, I bought some acrylic colors to die sand. What can you do with colored sand? Make artsy designs in recycled glass bottles or make sand mandalas.

We're all getting older and none of us are going to live forever. Why not spend a few sheckles assisting the younger set?

Excellent post but as we have something not too dissimilar from what you describe I guess I'm bound to say that. What is true is that kids, given the opportunity, are capable of creating the same simple games and pleasures us oldies used to enjoy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic