The Work Permit

What can a work permit do for you?

1. The most obvious is that it allows you to get a job.

2. It's needed if you want to apply for a credit card.

3. A foreigner can buy a firearm if he has a work permit.

What other things can you do if you already a work permit?

I don't mean to rain on your parade son but Mr. Lopburi3 was right about your No. 1

2) True it is needed to apply for a CC however most banks only give visitors a CC if they have been at the same job for 3 years and without having left Thailand during this time.

3) Just because a person has a WP it does not mean he can buy a gun. As said in a recent topic regarding gun sales etc. there are many factors involved when buying/registering a gun. Factors such as: where you live, why you require a gun, have you taken a safe gun handling course, will the police YOU need to see allow it and in some cases the "poo yai" head villager may even have a say in it.

a few positive things are:

1) You can buy a car or motorbike on a payment plan.

2) It helps when getting a mobile phone plan on a monthly payment plan.

3) Hmmmm I just can't think of any more right now sorry.

Edited by Mario2008
keep it civil

#2 very inaccurate. I have no job, had no problem getting bank accounts at 3 different Thai banks, my wife from PI got hers at Kbank (green) just show passport, no marriage license. This is a Internet ATM card to access her funds, not a credit card.

#2 very inaccurate. I have no job, had no problem getting bank accounts at 3 different Thai banks, my wife from PI got hers at Kbank (green) just show passport, no marriage license. This is a Internet ATM card to access her funds, not a credit card.

I assume that you are referring to item 2 in post 3. I fail to see how you can say the information is "very inaccurate" when one is specifically referring to credit cards and your is specifically referring to an ATM card. Whole world of difference between these two wouldn't you say.