Moving Back To Thailand,Need Some Advice.

burnsie

Hi all, hope your don't mind but there seem to be some pretty clued up people on TV and was wondering if i could run this past you?? My wife who's Thai and i are moving back after 5 years in the UK.

Basically, i'm fairly fortunate that i'm a ex london firefighter that got injured and pensioned off after 15 years service, so get a monthly income from the London Fire Brigade, we will also rent our house in the uk, so that will bring some cash in, so there is no rush to find work, but i don't want to go mad and want to have a routine and a job. Before when i lived in Thailand for 5 years,i worked as a dive instructor in pattaya and samui and a sales rep for a dive equipment importer and wholesaler,after that i was also the assistant manager for 2 years at a big western sports bar and restuarant called The Islander in Chaweng. Anyway we moved back the uk started a family and have got sick to death with it here and are coming back. Work wise i'm thinking of moving to Bangkok northern suburbs( wife would like to be closeish to sister) find a place on high ground :lol: and start off teaching english, I'll do the tefl on my return and hopefully find a job near where we ever decide to live, i don't think i want to teach forever, but know that other offers might come up once I'm established and have more contacts. There is another option and that is to do the tefl on return and then to move to Wichinburi, my wifes father is the poo yai baan for Hoi Chan a sub district of Wichinburi a small town about 100 kms south of Petchabun and reckons he can line me up with a teaching job at one of the private schools. My wife wants us to try it up there for a year or so,so I get a bit of experience cut my teeth teaching and then maybe move to bkk or elsewhere after ive got some experience.I do love it up there and the family are great and i've been part of the family for 10 years, its also handy having dad as the poo yai, but theres not much to do and the highlight off the day is going to the market, going out on my mountain bike or cracking a few beers open with the missus and inlaw's whilst they get the grub on in the evening.I also have a 16 month and a 17 year old (previous marriage to psychotic Thai lady) to think about, although she'll be staying in the UK going to Uni and coming over in the holidays . To cut a long story short, what way would you fella's you go with this.

Thanks for your time on the matter.

Burnsie

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Don't stay anywhere near Petchabun or any other backwoods town in Nakon Nowhere.

No place for your children to be educated, no work for them, no prospects.

Nothing for you to do, no entertainment, no internet, not even many 7-11s.

Big city only!

Edited by ludditeman

build something small with lots of land for weekend/holidays/end of world scenarios/years while your child is still too young for school. Start yourself with some projects for you and the family.. building a huge pond or lake yourself.. hunting area or anything else you're into.. maybe even an ATV trail.

and get something in bangkok/suburb.. get a ford ranger for the travelling(cheap and safe) and enjoy your semi retirement.

Don't stay anywhere near Petchabun or any other backwoods town in Nakon Nowhere.

Big city only!

There's already 2 7 Elevens in the town already, how many does a man need :lol:

Ah...yes, siwilai!wink.png