Termination Of Employment - Severance Pay.

Not sure how to word this but here we go.

The below falls under a "Parent" company.

Said parent company wants to terminate my employment at daughter company A and re-employ me at daughter company B.

Company A has a different address to company B.

Job title at company A differs to what it will be at company B.

In theory (mine) for this to happen I feel that company A should "pay me out" upon termination, this would be any accrued annual leave and also the severance due under the Thai labour law.

Parent company however does not appear to be willing to do this and want to add a memo to my personnel file stating my current continual employment start date and that it carries over to the company B with the added job description change.

Does this sound legit assuming in the future I might go chasing the severance pay out ?

FWIW the "new" contract in no way reflects any of my previous history (Company A length of service/Job title).

Seems like your trying to get whatever you can out of it. Without good reason.

No iam asking about what is entitled under the Thai labour law and if the given scenario is "legit". Do you just bend over to be "potentially" screwed either now or possibly in the future by forced actions of today by others ?

Edited by Spoonman

This might work in your homecountry, but as the unions in Thailand not are very strong, IMO if you are not happy with the job or the salery offered in company B, move on. Or take them to court, it will probably take 10 years and cost you a small fortune. Btw it was employees like you and the strong Swedish unions, that made it a easy choice to sell my old company and move here ! Chok dee.