Dishonesty

I know of a thai lady who plans to be dishonest about her employment situation, in hopes of getting a visa to go abroad..( She has told me this personally ) It also ppears she may be trying to use & manipulate an unknowing farang to do so, as well.. I feel that immigration would probably want to look into her background very carefully before considering granting her a tourist visa..

I'd just like to give a heads up to the embassy so I sleep better... How would one go about doing this?

i dont know what to say about this thread, leave her to it.

lies always catch up on you in the end

Agreed. What difference does it make to you (the OP) whether she gets a visa or not. Maybe you can tell the unknowing farang, but don't bother with the embassy.

Btw. Which country?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by whybother

I doubt the farang is unknown to her. Tell me how could someone not known to you manipulate you? Ask you to write the invitation letter for them and provide your bank statements without your knowledge???

As for tipping off the embassy, I would not do that to a friend (I supposed she is your friend if she told you this confidential information), but would instead suggest to her to play fair. Also depends on her intentions to get abroad. If it's just a tourism, why not, if she wants to go there to work illegaly or for any other criminal activity - different situation.

It is not unheard of for women in a certain profession to convince a foreigner that they are in a genuine relationship so that he will sponsor a visit to his homeland and once there disappear so they can continue in their chosen profession. If you know for certain that this, or some other illegal activity, is what she is doing then I feel you should warn him. Of course, he may not believe you; he may even be a willing accomplice.

You should warn her that embassies do check the information provided in visa applications and that there are severe penalties if caught attempting to obtain a visa by deception. For example, if it is the UK she could be banned from applying again for 10 years, possibly for life. Even if she gets the visa she could still be found out at immigration when she attempts to enter the UK, and if caught once in the UK would face deportation and again a possible lifetime ban from the UK.

Countries do share information; being caught attempting to obtain a visa by deception by one country could be on record so that she would have difficulty obtaining a visa from anywhere else in the future. Certainly being deported from one country will cause difficulties for her in the future. I know of one case where a Thai woman was refused a UK visa because she had previously been deported from Japan.

As for telling the embassy before she applies; the question is whether they would believe you; people have been known to make malicious accusations. Although such information may make them check her application more thoroughly.

At the end of the day, what you do is a decision only you can make.

The ECO's are quite well aware of the tricks used. My advice is not to get involved. If found falsifying documents there is a ban on further applications for up to ten years.

If the farang is a friend - be a friend! Otherwise steer clear!

<p>What is Truth?  What are Facts? There are no such things, - only perception!</p>

<p>Is your perception affected in any way?</p>

<p>Stop being her 'friend'! This might work wonders with your perception</p>

<p>:D</p>

If the guy is a friend and you need to counsel him on it then do so. You may save him a lot of money. However, I may not be so demanding as to outright scupper her application if there is less at stake.

However, her using a sponsor or not and using my friend would be critical in my decision.

I would stay well out of this. If you are planning on staying in Thailand for any length of time you do not need enemies amongst the locals. It might well be far more than your conscience that's keeping you awake at night

I would stay well out of this. If you are planning on staying in Thailand for any length of time you do not need enemies amongst the locals. It might well be far more than your conscience that's keeping you awake at night

True but if the deceived guy is a friend of the OP, then surely he has a greater loyalty to him or are we just to throw away our spines and morals at the airport on the way in ?

OP - you are taking the game way too seriously. She's a brass, her job is to bone punters. You don't fall in love with other service providers so why fall for a brass? You did. She screwed you. Get over it, move on and dont be so naive next time.

The unknown farang doesn't concern you purely cause he too has white skin. She bothers you. You want to get even. Its her job, you shoudl have respected that.

<p>What is Truth?  What are Facts? There are no such things, - only perception!</p>

<p>Is your perception affected in any way?</p>

<p>Stop being her 'friend'! This might work wonders with your perception</p>

<p>:D</p>g

If you look at the North Pole or the South Pole (perception), the sun still rises in the East (fact).

• 1 month later...