Cat - Fiber Optics

muchogra

Seems like CAT's fiber optic has a wider coverage in CM. Last month I was in my CM home for 5 days. I saw service truck from CAT almost everyday in my moobaan (My CM home is on the second ring road). I talked to the technicians and they told me they were there to install the fiber optic. B1,500 per month for 12 mb/s for multiple points and less for single point (B800?).

In Bangkok, I have been using TRUE since the internet came along. I now only have 5mb/s which for me is sufficient since I only surf the web for light stuff plus my wife watches series on her Ipad. I used to pay B800 per month but now is only B600 for the past few years or so.

I have no problem paying B1,500 per month for the fiber optic but I need to tell my wife why I need to pay more than double than what we are paying now; after all, she's satisfied with all the drama she's been watching on her (actually mine) Ipad.

Let me add more on the IT of Thailand particularly the TOT.

Last month I stopped at a TOT storefront at the Airport Plaza, I inquired on getting a land line plus internet. Landline alone would cost about B1,600, but with internet it would be free. So, fine with me for getting a phone line free plus internet access (7mb/s) for B600 per month. Then, she told me, and after several calls too, that I couldn't get it because I'm just a permanent resident. What the <deleted>! I told her I've been using my TRUE for the last 20

yPR of Thailand. Did it ring a bell? Hell no!

I only wish that the USA would treat people, particularly the Thais, with Green Card the same as Thailand treats the permanent resident. What the <deleted> again!

Then, she told me, and after several calls too, that I couldn't get it because I'm just a permanent resident.

Incredible.

Wouldn't want any permanent residents getting a good deal. That just wouldn't make sense.

This kind of practice in Thailand really ticks me off. Our son has a green card in the States. He can do everything a US citizen can do except voting. When the mobile phone first came to Thailand I tried to get one - B120,000. I couldn't and needed to ask my Thai friend to get itd for me. My first phone line in my Bangkok house cost me B25,000 and is still under the name of my friend's Thai wife. My second phone line is under my wife's name who is also a permanent resident. I explained that to the lady in the office and she called the main office in San Kampaeng and the answer was: this is San Kampaeng, not Bangkok! Adding on my fume was my wife beside me grumbling about why I wanted to get a phone line and internet while we are not yet moving to CM. Man, she couldn't understand the difference between getting information and actually implementing something.

Anyway, enough of my rants!

Does anyone use a fiber optic line from CAT? I would appreciate your sharing the experience.

• 1 year later...