How To Extend A Visa ?

Hi all,

I made a non-O visa in France for 90 days, i can get 90 days because i have a son in Thailand (also my wife).

My visa will end on 31th january, i'd like to know if it's possible to make the same non-O visa outside of Thailand and get 90 days again? (i paid 2000B in France for get it)

Or how can i get 30 days extension ? (it seem to be 15 days extension if i go out of Thailand by land and 30 days by air ?).

Thx for your help !

Edited by seb606

I'd like to stay 3 more months because after i'll try to ask for "wedding" visa (in fact i asked about certificate of capacity for wedding and normally i'll have it at the end of february), thx for your answer !

how long do you want to stay in thailand ?

Yes, go to one of the neighboring countries and apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa. Savanakhet, Laos will issue a single entry or a one year multi-entry. Also, a 60 days extension may be available based on your marriage to a Thai.

Edited by beechguy

If you are stillon your non-o you can get a 60 day extension married to a Thai. Why not apply for marrige extsion on this one. Get married in Thailand register with the local office, have 400,000baht in bank and all the necessary paper work and marriage extension.

It really is not clear if you are legally married to a Thai or have a Thai child but if you do then a 60 day extension could be obtained to visit at the end of your current entry. There is no 30 or 15 day extension (that would be a visa exempt entry). If you are talking about one year extension of stay for Thai wife with the ["wedding" visa] mention you must have a non immigrant visa entry for that so an extension or new non immigrant visa entry would be to your advantage.

Hello - I too am in the process of applying for an extension of stay based on marriage. These are my specs: US citizen age 62 & retired (but not going the "retirement" [long stay] route as not enough $); married 19+ years to Thai citizen (in US; K-2 visa); entered 24 Aug '11 on m/e "non-O" (expired 16 Oct) with permission to stay until 21 Nov; crossed over to Thakek by boat at Nakhon Phanom on 11 Oct and got permtostay to 8 Jan. '12. Now we're getting to the reason for my question... I wasn't able to get the full 400k+THB into my KBank account until 7 Nov. I went to the immigration office in NKP to get their handout of required documents to prepare and went back with them on 28 Dec. knowing it was too early to apply but to see if everything looked to be in order and to get an extension, which I was given to 12 March. As of today the two months needed for the money has been in my bank account.

Question: Must the 400,000THB still be in the account on the day I submit my application for the extension? Something's come up where I'll need to withdraw 150k tomorrow (cannot wait until Mon. or Tues.). The money will be back in the acc't by Friday the 13th - the 12th maybe. Can I apply for the extension during those few days the balance was below 400k and still show I did have it in for 2 mos., or have I broken the time requirement and the 2 mo. clock will start over when the balance is back up to 400k?

Thanks!

The money must be in account on day of application so you will have to start over.

With proof of marriage/copy wife ID and home register Savannakhet Consulate can provide a multi entry non immigrant O visa allowing 90 day stays for up to almost 15 months if you would like to wait awhile before extending.

Sadly, I think you'll find that the account must remain above 400k for the entire period up to and including the application date.

EDIT L3 beat me to it, I'll add that KL will also issue a multi with proof of 100k Baht in the bank.

Thx for all the answer, from now, i'd like to extend my visa from my non-O visa.

So can i ask a non-O visa for 60 days, with a single entry at Savanakhet ? (and show the copy of birth certificate of my son, it's what i did in France).

About marriage, i just made traditionnal thai ceremony for now and wait for the certificate of capacity, so i'll see for wedding visa after.

Thx for help !

Yes, go to one of the neighboring countries and apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa. Savanakhet, Laos will issue a single entry or a one year multi-entry. Also, a 60 days extension may be available based on your marriage to a Thai.

Any non immigrant O visa entry allows 90 day stay so yes you should be able to get a single entry as father of Thai child but also take mother ID card and home register copies and note from her (assuming GF is mother of your child) as this will help prove visit is to be with child.

Sure you can get in a Thai Consular section abroad a Non Immigrant O for you have a Thai child, but possible there is than more paperwork needed than you showed in France.

I was denied a Non Immigrant O in Singapores Thai Embassy. Had only birthcertificate, the lady wanted proof that I stay with my GF and sons and that I paid support. Ect!

I got a Tourist Visa than, TIT!

So inform yourself well at the Consularsection you go what they want to see, or take your family with you there, but also with blue housebook ect.

or go only for a Tourist Visa once is 60 days and one more month extandable in TH Immigration,

or go, before your French Non Immigrant O is finished to a Thai Immigration in TH with your family and apply for an extension for 60 days for reason of visiting your child.

You than could go out of Thailand for a Borderrun, get 2 weeks or 30 days (flight) and after that period could apply again for an extension as father of a Thai child.

But that possibility you should check before, as not all Immigration offices give that father-family extensions nearly back to back.

why don't you just extend your current visa at an immigration office in thailand ? add 60 days if your shown as father on the birth certificcate.

that will get you to the end of march and time to organise your wedding documents and finances, then you can extend for another year based on your marriage.

there's no need to get another visa ?

just need to make sure you can extend an extension ?

i think you need to register your marriage at an ampur to get some papers ?

you may need to get something from the french embassy to show your eligable for marriage ?

and the same for your wife ?

i don't know i haven't been through the process.

another option is to goto a thai court with a solicitor and get a document made to show your the legal father of your child and you can use that to extend your visa every year.

Thx Chris, it's what i'll do tomorrow, i'll ask for extend my visa at immigration in Bkk.

In case there is a problem about this, i'll go to Savanakhet.

For wedding documents, yes i must wait it from french office, they are late (like always in France ^^).

So i'll try like this and give news on forum, if it can be useful for someone.

why don't you just extend your current visa at an immigration office in thailand ? add 60 days if your shown as father on the birth certificcate.

that will get you to the end of march and time to organise your wedding documents and finances, then you can extend for another year based on your marriage.

there's no need to get another visa ?

just need to make sure you can extend an extension ?