Thailand At Risk As Bird Flu Breaks Out In Vietnam

webfact

H5N1 OUTBREAK

Thais at risk as bird flu breaks out in Vietnam

The Nation

The situation in Thailand is being closely monitored after a report confirmed an H5N1 outbreak in Vietnam and the subsequent culling of 2,500 chicken in a province near Mekong delta, the Public Health Ministry said yesterday.

Thailand is now facing two risks: a seasonal migration of birds and cool temperatures, which helps the virus multiply.

The ministry is also urging members of the public to report poultry deaths and not touch the carcasses, while those involved in disposing the bodies should wear full protective gear. s.

The ministry said that between 2004 and 2006, there were several confirmed H5N1 cases in Thailand, of which 17 had turned fatal, though there were none afterwards. All government hospitals have been told to closely survey every case of flu, lung infection and pneumonia, which have similar manifestations to H5N1.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-07

Also H5N1 in Shenzhen China and Hong Kong since Dec. 20, 2011. Shenzhen bus driver died in late December from H5N1. Watch out for those Chinese tourists, sneezing and coughing.

Edited by cigar7

Also H5N1 in Shenzhen China and Hong Kong since Dec. 20, 2011. Shenzhen bus driver died in late December from H5N1. Watch out for those Chinese tourists, sneezing and coughing.

Happy to see you're on top of outbreaks here in Asia (REALLY; I wish more people were),

BUT as far as transmission is concerned, there are very few known cases of H5N1 being

passed from one human to another. Little need to fear running into visitors from China.

Jesus! Here we go again - the constant drivel about Bird Flu, SARS, global warming....when will it ever end?

Just how many people in the entire world have died from bloody bird flu for gods sake? I reckon more die here on the roads in Song Kran than have ever succumbed to this Avian bullshit!

There is more chance of dying from stupidity than this ridiculous tripe they keep hawking whenever they need a panic story - look at the 7 days over New Year! Look at the floods - and they continue to harp on about some chickens with a bloody cold!

17 people between 2004 and 2006........................................<deleted>!

1 person dies every 50 days or so? Wow an epidemic.

Edited by Willeyeam
  • Like 2

Here we go, the new problems come with birdflu...

It's not enough for political unrest, flooding, etc...

We had to wait a week and already some new story why you should scare about Thailand...

Amazing, just wonder what else could come, 2012? :)

Here we go, the new problems come with bird flu...

We had to wait a week and already some new story why you should scare about Thailand...

Amazing, just wonder what else could come, 2012? smile.png

Don't worry all the viruses they are with you all the time, just some viruses break out more larger than usual sometimes, swine flu is common in the greater public arena, depends on the type of strain also.

Viruses tend to mutate, which means this difficult to catch virus today may be an easy virus to catch tomorrow.

It also means that when handling raw chicken meat, one might want to take extra care. Etc., etc., etc..

• Like 1

Nothing new , Vietnam had five deaths towards the end of last year, Thailand will always need to be on the alert, also cigar7 is quite correct about China, that place is one big nightmare, cover-ups we can do without.angry.png

The Thai government, particularly when protecting the poultry industry, is quite capable of organising its own cover-up, as it did in the first bird flu outbreak.

Two off-topic posts have been deleted. If you have no concerns about the situation, feel free to not post here.

Why, is this a scare-mongering thread?

Honestly, there are about a million things you could be more concerned than about bird flu?! If you like to be concerned about things you can't change, that is.

Worrying is stupid. Its like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.

~Whiz Khalifa

• 3 months later...

Will never happen in Pattaya the only coastal place i have been and never seen a seagull ! do the Beach girls eat them?

Iniatlly I was LMAO when I read this, but yes you are right, I don't know about the girls eating them but I have never seen a seagull there. How Bizar.

You wait and se, it´s only the beginning.

Will never happen in Pattaya the only coastal place i have been and never seen a seagull ! do the Beach girls eat them?

Iniatlly I was LMAO when I read this, but yes you are right, I don't know about the girls eating them but I have never seen a seagull there. How Bizar.

Obvious. Seagull´s don´t like Pattaya.laugh.png

There has been a wave of sneezing/coughing/fever here in Chiang Mai, over the past few months, all my family have been affected, so clearly bird-flu is not already here, just like last time ! saai.gif

must be from all the smoke you people inhaled.

Except that it was before the smoke-season, no it was definitely some sort of virus, going round.

This is NOT news. This is the media stirring the pot again. Bad news and fear sells... period.

Globally not as many people have died from bird flu as have died from Songrkan road accidents. Let's keep things in perspective, please.

You don´t want to know.sad.png

Jesus! Here we go again - the constant drivel about Bird Flu, SARS, global warming....when will it ever end?

Just how many people in the entire world have died from bloody bird flu for gods sake? I reckon more die here on the roads in Song Kran than have ever succumbed to this Avian bullshit!

There is more chance of dying from stupidity than this ridiculous tripe they keep hawking whenever they need a panic story - look at the 7 days over New Year! Look at the floods - and they continue to harp on about some chickens with a bloody cold!

17 people between 2004 and 2006........................................<deleted>!

1 person dies every 50 days or so? Wow an epidemic.

an in compare with a normal flue, food poisoning or car accidents....

Bird flue is to kill the small farmer having a few chicken.....instead more factory chicken now.

SARS was pharma industry