Satellite Coax Lengths In Thailand

haveaniceday

I am just sorting out where to place satellite dishes in a new house, I am going to weld up a bracket and plate that protrudes under the eves for two smallish dishes, possibly something like TRUE (trying to boycott them through) and PSI maybe, I would like kids TV separate from mine, as I don't want the settings all screwed up, mainly by absolutely idiotic in laws who visit and dedicate their life to screwing up mine violin.gif

These are a non issue for insulation, I also have a 7.5foot motorized dish to occupy myself, I am not going to mount it on the side off the roof, but on the ground trying to make life easy. My question is, how long can I run cable before the signal from the dish to the box becomes compromised ? By the time it runs up walls, across and down, it will take close to 20m just to get it out of the house, before running to a clear area. I see references online to keep it short, but no mention of actually max distances.

What is the "special" satellite cable called in Thailand by the way?

Usefull Links: Do not use RG59 cable. It lacks the bandwidth for today's satellite and CATV system requirements. Use only RG6 if run less than 100 feet. RG6QS cable is suitable for all installations, and required for runs greater than 100 feet in length. http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Satellite-Coax-Cable-in-a-Home

Thanks.

My cable is at least 50 metres.

Runs from the back of the house upstairs, along the wall, down the stairs, along another wall, round built in cupboards, another wall and then to the box.

No problems at all.

Same for me...I've got some l...o....n.....g runs of around 50 meters or more...for both a C band and KU band dishes.

Also, does anyone know In the Bangkok region, how low the Astro sat is in the sky?

Or What satellite it is on so I can look it up?

It is not a matter of low in the sky, in fact it is pretty well overhead

http://www.lyngsat.com/mea3.html

It is the footprint that the antennae are designed to cover

All the reports I have seen suggest that coverage is good up to Bangkok

I live on the second floor of a 7 storey condo. My moveable dish is on top of the elevator shaft on the roof. The run of coax and control cable is well in access of 80m, I have no problem. Use high quality cable then you should have no problem especially in a two storey house . . .

Good luck . . !

Edited by ianwrd4

Also, does anyone know In the Bangkok region, how low the Astro sat is in the sky?

Address: Bangkok

Latitude: 13.7234°

Longitude: 100.4762°

Satellite: 91.5E MEASAT 3A | MEASAT-3

Elevation: 70.8°

Azimuth (true): 213.7°

Azimuth (magn.): 214.6°

It is not a matter of low in the sky, in fact it is pretty well overhead

http://www.lyngsat.com/mea3.html

It is the footprint that the antennae are designed to cover

All the reports I have seen suggest that coverage is good up to Bangkok

That would be the C-band coverage though, wouldn't it? Astro is on Ku-band and as far as I can see none of the Mea3 Ku footprints extend as far north as Bangkok. Mea2 had a Ku footprint that appeared to cover most of Thailand, but isn't Mea2 defunct now? Has anyone actually picked up any Mea Ku band in Thailand recently, I wonder?

Except for a few radio channels all Astro seems to be encrypted. If you were thinking of going in for a subscription, a better bet might be Vinasat Ku at 132°E That comes in good and strong for me even up here in Chiangrai.