2012 Track Days

sbk

Been offshore working for the past few weeks and missed some good trackdays so i'm planning to take the cbr250 to thailand circuit tomorrow if anyone is interested in joining.

Is the CBR 250 just a standard road bike or set up for the track?

I'm looking for something nice and simple for my "come back" after a while recovering from injuries.

Its not a bad little bike in stock form for the track if you're new and less then 65kgs. In stock form the suspension is a little soft and you'll start dragging the exhaust and side stand with hardly any lean angle. But if you want to spend a little money and modify the engine/exhaust and some good tires (at the right pressure) if becomes a really fun bike, especially at thailand circuit.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what time you going?

I usually leave early to get ahead of the BKK traffic, so i'll be there around 8am.

man, i never rode in a proper circuit as i am a street rat but i would like to join you guys one day with cbr 250 as i am sure, if i want to do it, i prefer to do it with experienced people.

When is the next track day?

Been offshore working for the past few weeks and missed some good trackdays so i'm planning to take the cbr250 to thailand circuit tomorrow if anyone is interested in joining.

I'm looking for something nice and simple for my "come back" after a while recovering from injuries.

Its not a bad little bike in stock form for the track if you're new and less then 65kgs. In stock form the suspension is a little soft and you'll start dragging the exhaust and side stand with hardly any lean angle. But if you want to spend a little money and modify the engine/exhaust and some good tires (at the right pressure) if becomes a really fun bike, especially at thailand circuit.

Thanks for the advice. Prepared to spend some money especially on suspension but I'm 77kg without gear - that a problem?

What about the Kawasaki 250? Is two cylinders better than one for the track?

Thanks for the advice. Prepared to spend some money especially on suspension but I'm 77kg without gear - that a problem?

What about the Kawasaki 250? Is two cylinders better than one for the track?

I'm 85kgs without gear and i had to stiff'n up the front alot, i'm using a Guzi shock and its seems to work good so far. Have never been on the kawasaki 250 so i can't give any first hand info.

what time you going?

I usually leave early to get ahead of the BKK traffic, so i'll be there around 8am.

man, i never rode in a proper circuit as i am a street rat but i would like to join you guys one day with cbr 250 as i am sure, if i want to do it, i prefer to do it with experienced people.

We usually post it up on this thread when its a planned trackday. I go to BIRA every monday that i don't have to work and will be spending more Sat/Sun at thailand circuit in the next couple months to get prepared for the first R2M superbike race. BIRA is not that much fun on the CBR250 but Thailand circuit is a blast and its not that far away from bangkok.

what time you going?

We usually post it up on this thread when its a planned trackday. I go to BIRA every monday that i don't have to work and will be spending more Sat/Sun at thailand circuit in the next couple months to get prepared for the first R2M superbike race. BIRA is not that much fun on the CBR250 but Thailand circuit is a blast and its not that far away from bangkok.

How is Thailand Circuit after the floods there? Used to go a lot before I smashed my knee and I preferred it to Bira for my style and bikes.

Anyone going to Bira on Monday ?

I've got the car to insure in the morning and then take my mate to the airport.

I'm thinking how I can squeeze a session in...

Got to give you those stickers I got made for us mate.

Anybody else headed down? I didn't make it back to BKK in time to pick up my Blade from the shop so i might go for a few laps on the CBR250.

I can't make it but will be there next week to test the Leo Vince and Bridgestone 003s :)

Anybody else headed down? I didn't make it back to BKK in time to pick up my Blade from the shop so i might go for a few laps on the CBR250.

I can't make it but will be there next week to test the Leo Vince and Bridgestone 003s smile.png

I'm hoping to be there next Sunday and Monday on the Blade. Luke will be back from the UK, so i think he'll be down there too trying out his new ohlins suspension on the Blade.

• 1 month later...

According to their website it's open for bike practice on 28th May. Hope so as I'm planning on going!

Yep, May 28th is open for bikes...The first round of Thailand Superbike (motorcycle mag) is may 26-27th.

• 2 weeks later...

According to their website it's open for bike practice on 28th May. Hope so as I'm planning on going!

Yep, May 28th is open for bikes...The first round of Thailand Superbike (motorcycle mag) is may 26-27th.

Is this confirmed? If so any idea about what time qualifying will be finished and race starts?

cheers

dm

Is this confirmed? If so any idea about what time qualifying will be finished and race starts?

cheers

dm

Here's the race schedule for Sunday. Looking forward to some great races!

May27thRaceSchedule.jpg

Great days racing on Sunday 28th May, 2012 at the Bira Circuit (race track) Pattaya.

Results from the SB1 (1000cc class)

1st Stamp (24)

2nd Colin Butler (33)

3rd Bell (55)

4th Luke Stokes (70)

7284071920_d7d581a365_b.jpg

7277917446_9c6a626d51_b.jpg

There's a full report on the Ride Asia website (the images won't copy to here) look for the "round 1 of racing at Bira Track" heading ---some great photo's of the Pirelli track girls!

The green Kawasaki ZX10 in mid-crash, no serious injuries in either crash

7284065446_7be5a74b4f_b.jpg

Edited by RidersCorner

Yes it was a great day of racing!

Congrats to Colin and Luke for their second and fourth place finishes. Awesome race! Who can catch Stamp?? Moto3 was good fun too!

• post-56035-133812551796_thumb.jpg
  • post-56035-133812560864_thumb.jpg

The Team Panadda Honda GSXR had me rolling cheesy.gif

post-56035-133813187418_thumb.jpg

55555+++

Plenty of fast bikes! Pair of Gixxers, Kwacker ZX10R, and BMW S1000RR

• post-56035-133813215268_thumb.jpg

Khun Benz seemed happy with his finish ;)

463248_362910697097506_100001357356461_931621_2096398981_o.jpg

Will upload more pics soon! thumbsup.gif

Hey,

Next week, June 4, is a public holiday and I will go to Bira.

Anyone planning on doing the same?

Nicky

I will mount my GoPro on the rear sets so that people can see how slow a 1100cc Monster really is!

I've now got slick 003 Bridgestones you sold to me and my Leo Vince!!!

c u there sucker.

Hey,

Next week, June 4, is a public holiday and I will go to Bira.

Anyone planning on doing the same?

Nicky

I will mount my GoPro on the rear sets so that people can see how slow a 1100cc Monster really is!

I've now got slick 003 Bridgestones you sold to me and my Leo Vince!!!

c u there sucker.

Sorry to hear about your spill today! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know if any shops in Bkk stock 19/20 Brembo master cylinders ..have one on the Gixxer but was acting up last Monday at Bira, braking goes from soft to hard after about 2 laps..... usually the other way around so not sure whats going on with it ermm.gif

anyone know if any shops in Bkk stock 19/20 Brembo master cylinders ..have one on the Gixxer but was acting up last Monday at Bira, braking goes from soft to hard after about 2 laps..... usually the other way around so not sure whats going on with it ermm.gif

Try Pui at AP Shop in BKK , look up on net for details

• Like 1

Try Pui at AP Shop in BKK , look up on net for details

Newf just sorted one out from this shop thumbsup.gif anyone heading to Bira Sun/ Mon ?