Is It Possible To Buy/Register A Motorbike With A Tourist Visa?

DavidMavec

I am looking to buy a new Honda Click at my local motorbike shop in Chiang Mai and I am on a tourist visa. The shop says that I'll have "no problem" getting a certificate from the immigration office so it can be registered. However, it seems to me that I would need another type of visa for Immigration to give me the certificate. Does anyone know if it is possible to get this certificate on a tourist visa or if it is possible to buy a motorbike legally with a tourist visa?

Any tips appreciated....

No problem at all. Just visit Immigration and you will have it in 10 minutes. Then go get your bike. Make sure dealer realises the expire date of certificate of residence, same as your permit to stay, so they get their ass moving and complete reg before expire. If not you need to get one more later

So I get a certificate of residence from immigration and then use that in the registration process? What do I need to get a cert of residence from immigration ?

rentalgreement supported by copy of tabien baan and owners id card, or your homes ownership docs and tabien baan.

usually less, but above worst case