Double Entry Visas Possible In Burma Or Laos Nowadays?

A dear friend (not of retirement age yet for at least 10 more years) is here in Thailand on 2 month visas he gets in Cambodia. He has had 3 of them so far without any problems (he got one such visa last year).

He is now in Chiang Mai and in February his visa expires. He will have to leave Thailand to get a new tourist visa. His dilemma is that he was counting on the 2 month double entry visa and as of late he heard that cannot get them in Cambodia any longer.

Since he has rented an apartment in Chiang Mai and lives there now I suggested Laos or Burma as the most viable places due to proximity to CM.

I am on a retirement visa and do not have knowledge on how to tackle this subject.

Please help with information on most favorable city(s) and country(s) to get the visa (preferably Burma) will be most appreciated.

In behalf of this future expat, many thanks in advance.

I haven't seen any posts by members saying they got a tourist visa in Burma (Myanmar). For a double-entry tourist visa, Savannakhet in Laos is currently the best bet, but this is a long way from Chiangmai.