Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just read about the lever looks good but a he'll of a lot of work cut,rebend,reweld and repaint but certainly looks better than the unmodified one on mine

All these forums are confusing I actually thought bung from here and Ian bungy were the same person.....lol

Edited by taninthai

Just read about the lever looks good but a he'll of a lot of work cut,rebend,reweld and repaint but certainly looks better than the unmodified one on mine

All these forums are confusing I actually thought bung from here and Ian bungy were the same person.....lol

Come on now, keep up! biggrin.png

Edited by Bung

This lever change is now giving me major headache have now no lever on bike and am taking them both up my local shop to see what he can do with them ,have a feeling he is gonna laugh at me and say why don't you just buy a shorter one........lol

This lever change is now giving me major headache have now no lever on bike and am taking them both up my local shop to see what he can do with them ,have a feeling he is gonna laugh at me and say why don't you just buy a shorter one........lol

Any half way decent road-side welder should be able to shorten and re-shape the Kawi lever for at most a couple hundred Baht. :)

correct mine is know done cost 40 bht cause I'm in a good mode gave him 100

Good work is worth some money. Hope noone comes around now sayin you are making life of other Farang difficult with such behaviour etc...

You have a picture of your "new" reshaped lever? :)

I have now way to back this up but my gut feeling is that you will never see these CRF's for cheaper than B135 000. That is their promotion price which is due to end today. If they sold them cheaper then that is a slap in the face to all the people who rushed out and bought them at this special price. It is already B18 000 cheaper than the competition.

If we're sharing gut feelings I'm going to go on a limb and state that we'll see 120K soon. All that it takes is getting out of the city and away from the apparent price fixing that Mityon (?) seems to be engaging in. You can already buy it for 130K in Nakhon Sawan.

Was in Sri Racha today, and on the way back to Patts, i stopped at the Honda dealer on the left (not far from Robinsons Superstore). They had 2 Reds and 2 Whites out on show.

The bike price was 139k + 1700 for the book/registration.

Insurance was 2500 for 1yr and 3500 for 2yrs.

They do finance, which was 32k down and 24mth payments of 6855.

I asked about laying down more, and an 80k down payment had a 24mth payment of 3995. They were willing to accept a copy of my house book as proof of financial status, and i could of driven one home.

(The reason im interested in finance etc is that my income comes from the UK, and i'd rather not blow all my Thai cash in one hit).

Not sure what to do now with some BM's predicting a drop at some stage in the basic price. I sat on one of those on show for the first time. Obviously standing still doesnt mean all, but i found the CRF very comfortable for my 6' 2" 115kilo lump, compared to the KLX. I will state that im a roady that prefers dirtbike style and handling and will only ever use the bike on light offroad terrain. Someone asked the other day why i wanted a dirtbike to use around Pattaya....i just pointed at the potholed <deleted> excuse for a road outside the cafe in Soi Chaiyapoon. I lost count of the number of holes and god-knows what i hit today on the major Sukumvit Road whilst on my girlie-bike. As a resident of the Darkside, every main road is a minefield of holes and sunken/raised drains.

My point is that regardless of all the chitchat on this forum about the off-road capabilities of this bike, i think it will be just as beneficial for use on the road.

So 175,760 total

Rather you than me don't really know why you are worrying about prices then really, if your going to finance it your gonna pay over the odds anyway if ypu like it by it you only live once

Without going into too much depth about my personal situation, the point Tanithai revolves around cashflow issues in LOS and not putting too much of a dent in my current lifestyle. Financing gives me the cushion i need at the mo' , and it goes without saying that getting the base price down makes those payments smaller also. As it stands, i cant get any of the dealers to shift on their base price, but i have now got the financing of one down to 3500mth with 80k down, making it 164k over 2yrs. That's a drop of 11760bt in 24hrs. The dealer is finalising an offer and hopefully i will get an answer in a few hours.

As for "only living once", you are so right, and i dont want to f*ckit up the 1st time due to recklessness with the money that supports me and the missus until i retire. And on that count i hope to be astride my new CRF by the weekend, using prudence and bartering for the best possible deal. BM comments help as to what the trend is, and if i hadnt read this thread, i wouldnt of even thought about getting some freebies thrown in. The dealer has said 2 helmets and a jacket is no problem. I am trying to get the luggage rack as well, which is quoted at nearly 800bt. Barter barter barter....that's what LOS is about.

BTW, my mate up in the NorthEast (Sakon Nakhon area) was quoted 149k and 145k all in, and a base price of 135k. Which looks about the same as Patts.

Ok, I'm getting quite tempted to buy a bike. I want a d tracker, but the CRF has an extra 6 hp by all accounts and that is too much extra fun to ignore. So my learned friends, how easy and expensive would it be to change the CRF to a motard type? Is it just a wheel and tyre change? Does the rear wheel need to be changed at all?

Yes, I know my mechanical knowledge is somewhat lacking so please refrain from telling me I am stoopid,

Thank you.

"Without going into too much depth about my personal situation, the point Tanithai revolves around cashflow issues in LOS and not putting too much of a dent in my current lifestyle. Financing gives me the cushion i need at the mo' , and it goes without saying that getting the base price down makes those payments smaller also. As it stands, i cant get any of the dealers to shift on their base price, but i have now got the financing of one down to 3500mth with 80k down, making it 164k over 2yrs. That's a drop of 11760bt in 24hrs. The dealer is finalising an offer and hopefully i will get an answer in a few hours.

As for "only living once", you are so right, and i dont want to f*ckit up the 1st time due to recklessness with the money that supports me and the missus until i retire. And on that count i hope to be astride my new CRF by the weekend, using prudence and bartering for the best possible deal. BM comments help as to what the trend is, and if i hadnt read this thread, i wouldnt of even thought about getting some freebies thrown in. The dealer has said 2 helmets and a jacket is no problem. I am trying to get the luggage rack as well, which is quoted at nearly 800bt. Barter barter barter....that's what LOS is about.

BTW, my mate up in the NorthEast (Sakon Nakhon area) was quoted 149k and 145k all in, and a base price of 135k. Which looks about the same as Patts."

its a personal decision but i would wait and buy it outright when the price drops to 120k (yes ,it will )

i would not pay 175,760 for one of these things ,when you get bored of it and go to sell 2 years down the line

you probably lose near 100k from owner ship

but life is short ,if u really need/want it now ,nothing anyone says here gonna change ur mind anyway biggrin.png

Edited by wana

Good work is worth some money. Hope noone comes around now sayin you are making life of other Farang difficult with such behaviour etc...

You have a picture of your "new" reshaped lever? smile.png

Oh, so I guess now we will al have to pay 100 baht when we could have just paid 40? That's a small Leo I could have had for free! The guy welding has probably closed his shop now and taken his family to the beach thinking how the stupid Farang is paying for it all! angry.png

Oh, so I guess now we will al have to pay 100 baht when we could have just paid 40? That's a small Leo I could have had for free! The guy welding has probably closed his shop now and taken his family to the beach thinking how the stupid Farang is paying for it all! angry.png

a 60 thb buys a big leo in some watering holes :D

Wow, a whole family-day at the beach for 60 Baht? Where are you living?

OK, lets agree with this: If i give a tip i am generous. If you give a tip you are stupid :)

Why the kawa gear shifter of all things?

When we rented the KLXs we dumped them a few times, and the gear shifter was the only part that made constant trouble, bending into the engine, having to be bent back without breaking it off, etc. Ok, that, and the clutch lever which bends if you look at it too hard.

Why the kawa gear shifter of all things?

When we rented the KLXs we dumped them a few times, and the gear shifter was the only part that made constant trouble, bending into the engine, having to be bent back without breaking it off, etc. Ok, that, and the clutch lever which bends if you look at it too hard.

Dual sport bikes. These bikes are not made to drop them down every day. Better the lever bends than the gearshift lever shaft :)

The KLX gear lever is a good choice as being steel you can bend it easily. The alloy ones you run the risk of it snapping and I am always nervous bending them like you can steel. You have to keep in mind the lever needs to bend before the shaft does or your'e screwed. The spring loaded tip may help but it depends on how hard the bike is dropped but it is better with the steel tip than the rubber. (But maybe not if you like to wear your Gucci loafers when riding it...)

Who is going to get a bulk order done and stick them on the classifieds? B500 sounds reasonable?

Someone at Kawaaki may be scratching their head as to why they are suddenly selling a lot of gear levers!

Edited by Bung

Wow, a whole family-day at the beach for 60 Baht? Where are you living?

OK, lets agree with this: If i give a tip i am generous. If you give a tip you are stupid :)

Let's make this the last comment on this I don't know where you all live and if you have problems being over charged all the time but I live just outside a pretty big tourist area how ever tourists rarely use the shops around me ,I have used this local tin shed shop for 5-6 years he is always super cheap often giving nuts bolts fuses etc for free and he his in no way poor he has a 35,000 bht pedal bike so there is nothing for any of you to worry your little heads about

Oh dear, it has already started....

Just ordered up some new bars - Pro Taper Evo 1 1/8th"

pro_09_han_evo_blk.jpg

And you need these adaptors so they bolt up to the 7/8th" stock bar mounts. I like it as it will give it a bit of rise over the stock bars, I'm 6'1"and will end up too hunched over on the stockers. Being in the USA this stuff is cheaper so may as well get it here.

08ProTaperSolidMount_450.gif

Nickster with the lever being shortened it may not be inclined to bend so much and also as others have mentioned the metal tip is a big improvement over the rubber tip which tends to spin round and is very slippery under your foot in muddy conditions

Oh dear, it has already started....

Just ordered up some new bars - Pro Taper Evo 1 1/8th"

pro_09_han_evo_blk.jpg

And you need these adaptors so they bolt up to the 7/8th" stock bar mounts. I like it as it will give it a bit of rise over the stock bars, I'm 6'1"and will end up too hunched over on the stockers. Being in the USA this stuff is cheaper so may as well get it here.

08ProTaperSolidMount_450.gif

Bung I have ordered the 7/8 renthal bars will they bolt straight on or do I need some sort of adaptor

Yeah, they will bolt straight on but have the cross bar on it, the fat bars don't need a cross bar as they are super strong and also free up the space there for my GPS.

Anyone fancy pulling out their airfilter and comparing it to this K&N designed for the CBR250? I think they might be the same ones....The cross reference for the HA-2511 to the Honda part number is 17211KYJ900. All you have to do is go and ask what the part number for a CRF 250L is and if the same then we have K&N's available already $59 :)

HA-2511.jpg

Part HA-2511 Product Specifications

Product Style: Panel Air Filter

Height: 0.938 in (24 mm)

Outside Length: 6.438 in (164 mm)

Outside Width: 4.438 in (113 mm)

Filter Material: Cotton Gauze

Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 0.38 oz (11 ml)

Weight: 0.59 lb (0.27 kg)

Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)

Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)

Product Box Height: 9.69 in (246 mm)

Edited by Bung

And some more goodies delivered today the bars are gorgeous they weigh 900g will weigh old ones once removed

post-105817-0-65630000-1337324822_thumb.

Dont know what happened in yesterdays post but here is the bits from yesterday

post-105817-0-15033000-1337325318_thumb.

Edited by taninthai

^

you know it's funny there is not alot off shops in my area to get anything from however on my 200 k ride the other day I didn't even know where i was just on a road in the middle off nowhere I then came across this pretty big tin shack shop the had loads off dirtbikes there stopped of and found these sticker sets and front number plate so it was back home and then a journey up there in the car to pick up the stuff the front number plate was 250 bht nearly ordered one from Bangkok priced 1450 bht.

The graphics set 1400 bht it's not for a crf so not perfect fit and some trimming required I not sure I like the whole kit and am only going to use a few of the graphics , I have actually found the website now though and he has some better monster design kits in all colours,have actually seen kits on the web for the crf but was priced at 8000 bht am going to email him and see if he can make graphic kits for the crf but I think he may want a bit of a bulk order to make it worth his while ,anyway here is the link to the website www.kikonunmotoshop.com