Visit Visa Ready For Collection

Well says it all with a lot of help from many people on this forum and alot of people with opinions I submitted my GF Visitor Visa on the 3rd & got the email today to go collect from BKK so return flight from Phuket to Bangkok booked for tomorrow and I guess just time will tell but would like to say thanks to you all and I'll keep you updated. Hope no ones got experience of Wednesdays being the day of bad news.

I'll update tomorrow with the outcome & share my experience with you all.

Most UK visas these days are decided without a face to face interview, especially visits. Though they do sometimes conduct a telephone interview.

As the result is confidential passports are returned to the UKVAC in sealed envelopes for collection by or forwarding to the applicant. You wont know the result until you receive and open the envelope.

I'm confused - did you/she submit it in person or online?

Everyone has to attend the VFS in Bangkok in person to have the biometrics taken.

Correct t.o.g....but just to clarify for Johnniey. You submit on-line and in person at VFS.

Everyone has to attend the VFS in Bangkok in person to have the biometrics taken.

Correct t.o.g....but just to clarify for Johnniey. You submit on-line and in person at VFS.

Thanks!

So they can never give you the visa the same day?

It takes a long time for them to decide, I think currently around 8days (working ones), then you recieve a message saying the passport is ready for collection, it does not state whether it has been approved or not. You only find this out when the envelope is opened by the person applying.

Thanks!

Which Embassy in Thailand gives a visa the same day? Answer - none.

If by "they" you mean the UKBA, then no.

You need to read on on the process, as had been pointed out you submit an application online and then go to the VFS Office to hand in a hard copy of the application, together with any supporting documents and the fee, you also have the biometric details captured at this stage.

VFS, who are no more that a glorified mail drop, forward the application to the UKBA who will decide whether to issue a visa.

The application will be returned to VFS in a seal envelope for you to collect or for them to courier to you, only then will you know the result of the application.

It takes a long time for them to decide,

Not sure I'd put it like that.

For a straightforward application, one where further enquiries are not required, it takes them, I have been told, less than 10 minutes!

Unless there are exceptional compassionate reasons for 'jumping the queue' each application is dealt with in the order it is received. What takes the time is getting to the head of the queue. Apply at a busy time and it will take longer than applying at a quiet one.

It takes a long time for them to decide,

Not sure I'd put it like that.

For a straightforward application, one where further enquiries are not required, it takes them, I have been told, less than 10 minutes!

Unless there are exceptional compassionate reasons for 'jumping the queue' each application is dealt with in the order it is received. What takes the time is getting to the head of the queue. Apply at a busy time and it will take longer than applying at a quiet one.

wording was a bit wrong.

I meant to say the time taken from recieving the application till refusing or approving the application and returning it to VFS or to the applicant

Well all I can say is got the 6 month visit visa after a 6 month relationship with my GF I will write a couple of posts to share my experiance and also ask for advise once I've gone out & celebrated with her.

Thanks everyone smile.png

Niceone! Did she need pick it up or could she have got it sent by courier to Phuket?

Picked it up in person another total nightmare. Paid for same day return flight from Phuket to Bangkok. Plane from Phuket delayed an hour so got to VFS 20 minutes late and it was shut. Therefor couldn't get return flight at 19.30 and picked passport up at 1pm following day and had to pay for another flight but looking back now it was well worth another 24 hours of no sleep :)

Did she need pick it up or could she have got it sent by courier to Phuket?

Courier Service

Applicants can choose to have their processed visa application, documents and passport couriered to the closest collection centre by paying a nominal additional charge.

Note:

1. All charges must be paid at the time of submission

2. You need to provide proof of identity of the applicant or the representative at the time of collecting the shipment through courier.