Complaint Against Ads

Semper

You might need to press one additional key simultaneously.

Press <ctrl> + <prtsc> to capture the whole screen, or <alt> + <prtsc> to capture the active window.

You can paste it into paint and save it as jpeg, that can be uploaded to the forum as well.

OK ... next solution:

- Press <PrtSc>

- Open the program "Paint" (if you can't find the program in your start menu, click <Run...> on the start menu, and type MSPaint and enter.

- <CTRL-V> to paste the picture into paint.

- Save the picture.

- Browse and Attach the File using the full reply editor ("More Reply Options")

- "Add to Post"

post-105410-0-92258900-1326240326_thumb.

... and voilà .

OK ... next solution:

- Press <PrtSc>

- Open the program "Paint" (if you can't find the program in your start menu, click <Run...> on the start menu, and type MSPaint and enter.

- Save the picture.

- "Add to Post"

... and voilà .

Thanks. For some reason I can't find this ad today. But when it pops up, I'll get back to you.

• Like 1

OK ... next solution:

- Press <PrtSc>

- Save the picture.

- "Add to Post"

... and voilà .

Ok, this is not the ad I was referring to before, but I think it will do.

post-49205-0-08369500-1326268131_thumb.j

Its not supposed to look like that! This is what mine looks like

post-4641-0-74748800-1326275429_thumb.jp

What browser are you using and are you using the zoom feature?

Just as an FYI, firefox has a very handy screenshot tool called fireshot, no copy paste, no paint, just one simple button smile.png

Just as an FYI, firefox has a very handy screenshot tool called fireshot, no copy paste, no paint, just one simple button smile.png

Just a quick note about "fireshot", the following from the mozilla site!

Malware ad redirecting Rated 1 out of 5 stars

by fauxgt4 on January 10, 2012

This plugin will cause you to randomly redirect to pay click sites. Apparently the author of this addon has given up trying to generate a decent product and has instead chosen to sell his code to the highest bidder. Started using this and IT at work contacted me within a few hours because it had caused me to access dozens of blocked sites everytime I clicked a link.

MALWARE DO NOT DOWNLOAD

• Like 1

I'm using IE8. Zoom feature, don't think so, what is it? The thing is, with this screenshot I had to "cheat" a bit. I opened the quick navigation box and scrolled down to the end (outside the box forum) then I continued to scroll and the ad appears inside the navigation box. However with the other ad "HY Markets" which I can't find today, the ad appears inside the navigation box immediately.

Just a quick note about "fireshot", the following from the mozilla site!

Malware ad redirecting Rated 1 out of 5 stars

by fauxgt4 on January 10, 2012

This plugin will cause you to randomly redirect to pay click sites. Apparently the author of this addon has given up trying to generate a decent product and has instead chosen to sell his code to the highest bidder. Started using this and IT at work contacted me within a few hours because it had caused me to access dozens of blocked sites everytime I clicked a link.

MALWARE DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Been using it for several years and I have never had this happen.

Just looked at those reports and I have no idea what they are talking about. I never saw a notice for a pro feature and I have never gotten malware alerts, or spammy messages. God only knows what those people have done, but its certainly not anything I have gotten.

I'm using IE8. Zoom feature, don't think so, what is it? The thing is, with this screenshot I had to "cheat" a bit. I opened the quick navigation box and scrolled down to the end (outside the box forum) then I continued to scroll and the ad appears inside the navigation box. However with the other ad "HY Markets" which I can't find today, the ad appears inside the navigation box immediately.

zoom feature in IE http://www.wikihow.com/Zoom-in-IE

zoom feature in IE http://www.wikihow.com/Zoom-in-IE

Sorry but can't understand what the zoom function has anything to do with this. Try for yourself. Make sure there is an ad at the bottom of the page. Click quick Navigation, scroll down the menu to the end and keep on scrolling then the ad in the mainpage will "intrude" in the navigation box.

You'll have to test this with the ad that I posted before(google adwords)

Edited by Semper

Here is another one

post-49205-0-02407200-1326329669_thumb.j

Where do I turn off the compability view and what would I miss by doing so?

You would miss having ads covering your menu.smile.png

Compatibility settings are on the IE Tools menu.

It's off already, it has never been on.

Upgrade to a modern browser and see if it helps, IE 8 is quite old

IE 8 is the most popular/used browser on the market today. So I would say that there is some kind of bug in this new version, unless your software provider didn't check that it would operate on the most common browsers in use.

Edited by Semper

So far you are the only person reporting this issue semper.

Ok, I'll have to look into it. smile.png BTW, why can't I write more text after the emoticon without using the edit function (like I did now) unsure.png

Edited by Semper