Where Are The Currrency Rates?

croftrobin

On my operating ststem, the currency rates for USD, GBP and EUR appear on the top right on the home page. When you are reading a post, they do not. If I click on more, a banner drops down. The available options are:toolbar, advertise, contact us, & car rental. There are more options, but they are hidden behind the post so I cannot access them. Is it because I am using Windows XP Professional as an operating system that is not supported by your new software package or am I having a brain fart and just don't know how to navigate on the page to make them visible?

On my operating ststem, the currency rates for USD, GBP and EUR appear on the top right on the home page. When you are reading a post, they do not. If I click on more, a banner drops down. The available options are:toolbar, advertise, contact us, & car rental. There are more options, but they are hidden behind the post so I cannot access them. Is it because I am using Windows XP Professional as an operating system that is not supported by your new software package or am I having a brain fart and just don't know how to navigate on the page to make them visible?

I don't know. Your operating system is 10 years old, and our developers no longer has access to WinXP to test with. This is the end of this XP discussion, as it hijacks the thread topic.

Ads covering the menus have been brought up by a few people. It seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Ads covering the menus have been brought up by a few people. It seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Yes, it's on the to-do list!

Cheers

I don't know. Your operating system is 10 years old, and our developers no longer has access to WinXP to test with. This is the end of this XP discussion, as it hijacks the thread topic.

Nice SNIPPY reply? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?

I had no intention of continuing the XP discussion, but you gave a better answer here than you did on the other thread, "our developers no longer has access to WinXP to test with". I just reprorted what I was seeing and asked if it was because of my operating system or because I don't know how to navigate on the page properly. From the above answers it seem that others are experiencing problems with the drop down menus. I have problems with the ads obscuring the menus on the home page also but you are working on it.

P.S. If your developers want a copy of a Win XP operating system disk, I'll gladly send them one of mine. Just tell me what edition they want.

Edited by wayned

After "car rental" on the drop down I also get "Thailand Musings" and Thai Baht Rates" not hidden. A click on that takes you to a page with more than 20 rates.

I am also using Xp Pro (sorry for mention ) with Firefox 9.0.1. Can't explain why you see what you do.

After "car rental" on the drop down I also get "Thailand Musings" and Thai Baht Rates" not hidden. A click on that takes you to a page with more than 20 rates.

I am also using Xp Pro (sorry for mention ) with Firefox 9.0.1. Can't explain why you see what you do.

The only difference is that I am using IE8 not firefox. Have three computers, but all have IE8.

Fired up IE8 . Works ok for me. Drop down box flickers when scrolling down but nothing hidden.

"Baht rates" open in new window when clicked but thats my ie8 settings. My ie8 is pretty basic, ie no special addons as not used much.

Sorry can't see that helping much but just says ie8+xp can work. Dont know what settings, if any have to be changed for you.

I might have just found the problem with the ads covering the menus. I am running XP and IE8. One thing that they added to IE8 was a new mode called "compatibility view". It supposedly allows content for older websites to still work on IE8. With compatibility view turned on, the drop down menus are hidden behind the ads, with it turned off they function normally. IE9 has the same function incorporated,. It is very easy to turn on "compatibility view" without knowing it. There is a new button added in the navigation bar just to the right of the address bar. It looks like a piece of torn paper. If it is on, the menus are hidden, if it is off the menus are ok. It can also be turned on/off in the "tools" menu. This might be the problem that some are experiencing with the menus if they are using IE8 or 9.

• Like 1