Forget Gay Marriage; We've More Important Things To Do: Thai Opinion

webfact

gay or hetro?, monogamous or promiscuous, love or lust, happy or unhappy, so if we read all the holly books correctly, and listen to what the wise and clever people are saying, is that all gay people will be damned for trying to find somebody we would like to spend the rest of our lives with, is this not what these two guys are trying to do?

Monogamous couples are childless (speaking about monodelphs aka higher mammals). Nature protects itself well from such of genetic perversions. You still able to "spend your life with someone", but your genes (and abilities of "spending your life with") will never be passed to your descendants and become a dead end of the evolution yet regardless any Holy Books or forum threads or human-made laws or whatever.

I am sorry, but you can't ousmart the Mother Nature by your rhetoric abilities. smile.png

PS: and the above picture is so offensive. I want to vomit. sad.png

I have four kids, three grand kids soon to be four in March, was married for what seemed to be 10 life times,hetro, so i think my days of sewing wild seeds are over and done with.

I have never been happier, than when i am with my TS girlfriend in Thailand we go hand in hand everywhere, we can sit openly together in resturants and cafes, sometimes we show signs of affection by kissing in the street licklips.gif and nobody makes a comment or batters an eyelid, gladly send you a pic if you would like?

Try being two bearded MEN kissing in public in Thailand, just for a test. Not saying I approve of crass PDAs anywhere ... just saying.

All PDA in Thailand is frowned upon. I imagine most people would give them disapproving looks or ignore them. Do that in the US outside of a few places and you could be in for a very different, and very hostile, reaction.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction: I don't actually know whether the Thai editorial writer is gay or not. He doesn't say so explicitly and I suppose saying he is when he isn't could be considered libel in Thailand (that should tell you something). So I retract calling him gay.

Doesn't really tell you anything, almost anything said publicly can be libelous in Thailand if the individual you say it about doesn't want it to be said. Even if it's true it can be libelous.

I don't know if he is gay or not. If he wants to say what his orientation is, that is his business either way, but he didn't do that in the article. In any case, he has written an opinion piece that I appreciate hearing from a Thai national.

gay or hetro?, monogamous or promiscuous, love or lust, happy or unhappy, so if we read all the holly books correctly, and listen to what the wise and clever people are saying, is that all gay people will be damned for trying to find somebody we would like to spend the rest of our lives with, is this not what these two guys are trying to do?

Monogamous couples are childless (speaking about monodelphs aka higher mammals). Nature protects itself well from such of genetic perversions. You still able to "spend your life with someone", but your genes (and abilities of "spending your life with") will never be passed to your descendants and become a dead end of the evolution yet regardless any Holy Books or forum threads or human-made laws or whatever.

I am sorry, but you can't ousmart the Mother Nature by your rhetoric abilities. smile.png

PS: and the above picture is so offensive. I want to vomit. sad.png

I have four kids

Then the "gay pride :sick:" threads are not for you (and not for me), and we both have nothing to discuss here. Good. :)

All PDA in Thailand is frowned upon. I imagine most people would give them disapproving looks or ignore them. Do that in the US outside of a few places and you could be in for a very different, and very hostile, reaction.

OMG. You're the one who brought up that its OK for you to show PDAs to what most people who aren't staring looks like a man and a woman. Anyway, this is a trivial side issue.

Drats! Modern science attack on archaic fundamentalists, what will they think of next?

Modern science opens the doors to bypass the natural selection - and to pass the sudden sick/bad/corrupted genetic sets to descendants as a defaults (while these sets were scheduled to disappear within one generation just to keep the whole breed stronger and more adaptive). Read "mutations", educate yourself.

PS: Note the huge increase of genetic sicknesses during the last century (the boom of "modern science" at the same time). The answer is simple: once corrupted the genes not disappeared (as it normally happens IRL) - but being kept alive, and transferred to the children as default gene sets (read "heredity").

PPS: in natural life, lesbians "will NEVER tend to have children quite a lot and sometimes use the sperm of their gay male friends. Drats!" Game over just in one step.

PPPS: Im not against modern science - Im against "men playing Gods".

Interesting. So you think homosexuality is a genetic defect. Science is now showing there is a genetic factor. There is also strong evidence birth order of males is a big factor. In any case, we don't choose to be gay. If you want to place a negative value on genetic diversity, be my guest, but more enlightened people see the richness that human diversity brings to greater society.
  • Like 1

In Thailand, traditional accounts propose that "homosexuality arises as a karmic consequence of violating Buddhist proscriptions against heterosexual misconduct. These karmic accounts describe homosexuality as a congenital condition which cannot be altered, at least in a homosexual person's current lifetime (http://en.wikipedia....uality#Buddhism)

Interesting you stopped the quote where you did, and left out "and have been linked with calls for compassion and understanding from the non-homosexual populace."

I did it because I have no compassion nor understanding of sodomity - and will always bash that regardless of "calls for". I am sorry but I was born/grown/came from the population where it is a big (if not the biggest) sin.

Edited by alexakap

In Thailand, traditional accounts propose that "homosexuality arises as a karmic consequence of violating Buddhist proscriptions against heterosexual misconduct. These karmic accounts describe homosexuality as a congenital condition which cannot be altered, at least in a homosexual person's current lifetime (http://en.wikipedia....uality#Buddhism)

Interesting you stopped the quote where you did, and left out "and have been linked with calls for compassion and understanding from the non-homosexual populace."

In the context of thinking of gay people as living out an unfortunate fate that they brought on themselves in another life. Would you feel comfortable about your society thinking that about you for a condition you did nothing to create? At best, you get TOLERANCE with that kind of social attitude. You don't get equality. Do people seriously think it just a COINCIDENCE that TS people in Thailand are massively concentrated in the same kinds of professions the oppressed TS people of Pakistan are: singing, dancing, prostituting, and here sorry it is true, thieving rather than begging. In Pakistan their begging is viewed as thieving because people there believe if they don't give something that TS people have the power to put strong curses on them. Thailand strongly proscribes these limited roles through social pressure. If that isn't oppression, I don't like lox and bagels.

I commonly see transexuals in Thailand employed in all walks of life (aside from upper echelons of business and politics), to an extent that does not exist anywhere else in the world. They're not at all limited to singing, dancing or prostitution, and most of them don't. Maybe in Pattaya most do but outside you see them doing the same normal jobs that most females do. I've never once seen a transexual doing ANY kind of job back home outside of the Castro, here in Bangkok I see them doing normal jobs all the time, all over the city. They are not limited at all to those roles in Thailand

• Like 2

Interesting. So you think homosexuality is a genetic defect.

Yes. And once happened (in normal wild life, IRL), it is being washed away just within one generation. Completely, in the most hard order: no offsprings, dead end.

Notice the speed of the nature's reaction. Usually genetic issues last much longer, over centuries or so. But not this one - giving you the sign of importance of the (possible) affection to the whole breed.

Yes. And once happened (in normal wild life, IRL), it is being washed away just within one generation. Completely, in the most hard order: no offsprings, dead end.

Notice the speed of the nature's reaction. Usually genetic issues last much longer, over centuries or so. But not this one - giving you the sign of importance of the (possible) affection to the whole breed.

Heterosexuals have been producing gay offspring throughout history and no indication of that letting up. Obviously, a small minority.

In the context of thinking of gay people as living out an unfortunate fate that they brought on themselves in another life. Would you feel comfortable about your society thinking that about you for a condition you did nothing to create? At best, you get TOLERANCE with that kind of social attitude. You don't get equality. Do people seriously think it just a COINCIDENCE that TS people in Thailand are massively concentrated in the same kinds of professions the oppressed TS people of Pakistan are: singing, dancing, prostituting, and here sorry it is true, thieving rather than begging. In Pakistan their begging is viewed as thieving because people there believe if they don't give something that TS people have the power to put strong curses on them. Thailand strongly proscribes these limited roles through social pressure. If that isn't oppression, I don't like lox and bagels.

I commonly see transexuals in Thailand employed in all walks of life (aside from upper echelons of business and politics), to an extent that does not exist anywhere else in the world. They're not at all limited to singing, dancing or prostitution, and most of them don't. Maybe in Pattaya most do but outside you see them doing the same normal jobs that most females do. I've never once seen a transexual doing ANY kind of job back home outside of the Castro, here in Bangkok I see them doing normal jobs all the time, all over the city. They are not limited at all to those roles in Thailand

It is true there are lots of TS waiters and retail clerks as well. Don't be disingenuous. Thailand is a very discriminatory society over such things. Surface appearance is massively overvalued here. Just look at how they deal with age discrimination. I am not saying gays and TS people are the only groups oppressed by Thailand's social system and neither is the author of the article in the OP. Edited by Jingthing

I did it because I have no compassion nor understanding of sodomity - and will always bash that regardless of "calls for". I am sorry but I was born/grown/came from the population where it is a big (if not the biggest) sin.

wow do you really believe it is the ultimate sin, i would have thought murder was, mass murder, or even genocide, committed by people like Hitler and Po Pot, could you tell me why they killed so many people it slips my mind at the present.

Heterosexuals have been producing gay offspring throughout history and no indication of that letting up.

A normal heterosexual couple MAY produce many variations of gene mutations - it is very normal (read "mutagenecity").

But those mutated genes will NOT survive if they NOT adapted to the current living environment, and thus the game (for this genetic set) is over.

Homosexual couples are not adapted to the current natural environment. Men let them be, and help them to survive - as a special, artifical "breed of men". Once returned back to the normal, wild life - they will not survive even one generation.

The same goes for any artifical breed of any animals. Say, you can't find a mule (a mix of donkey and a horse) in the wild. Say, a male horse can "cover" the female donkey (and a mule will be born). There is no such thing as "a female mule covered by male mule producing another child mule" in the wild - to have a mule you'll need horse+donkey genes, and (mule genes)x2 sterile in 100% of cases.

I did it because I have no compassion nor understanding of tripe eating ...

It's a taste, buddy. So you don't like sodomy? Does that mean you turn down BJs?

Thai homophobia takes different forms than Anglo culture homophobia. That doesn't mean it isn't just as real but maybe that blinds some people from Anglo cultures from seeing it. Thai gay people see it and live it.

AGREE.

Heterosexuals have been producing gay offspring throughout history and no indication of that letting up.

A normal heterosexual couple MAY produce many variations of gene mutations - it is very normal (read "mutagenecity").

But those mutated genes will NOT survive if they NOT adapted to the current living environment, and thus the game (for this genetic set) is over.

Homosexual couples are not adapted to the current natural environment. Men let them be, and help them to survive - as a special, artifical "breed of men". Once returned back to the normal, wild life - they will not survive even one generation.

The same goes for any artifical breed of any animals. Say, you can't find a mule (a mix of donkey and a horse) in the wild. Say, a male horse can "cover" the female donkey (and a mule will be born). There is no such thing as "a female mule covered by male mule producing another child mule" in the wild - to have a mule you'll need horse+donkey genes, and (mule genes)x2 sterile in 100% of cases.

Excuse me, but you rather sound like a Nazi. (In case you didn't know.) Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Burma was a British colony.

Meaning what? So were many others.

Sorry, I assumed any educated person would understand the reference. Former British colonies were stained by the virulent strain of Anglo-Saxon homophobia and most carry that legacy strongly to this day. Currently commonwealth and not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/17/commonwealth-homophobia-anti-gay-discrimination

Wow! I remember a certain group in history, who were discussing another group the same way, some people here do with homsexuals.

What were the names? If I only could....oh yes: the Nazis & the Jews!

Congrats!

That is what you call "good company"!

Wow! I remember a certain group in history, who were discussing another group the same way, some people here do with homsexuals.

Congrats!

Bingo. They mass murdered gays as well.

Excuse me, but you rather sound like a Nazi. (In case you didn't know.)

So what?

You sound as a gay. Should we care? smile.png

I don't know. Should you?

I don't care unless they actively promote their way of life/their "prides" among me or my family. Usually I just ignore, but if they still act - I may respond...mmm....inadequately. Include physical abuse. :redcard2:

Include physical abuse. 1zgarz5.gif

Has that happened to you, a lot, back in ... Moscow?

You say it is OK to murder gays in your culture, so don't be so coy, don't you realize you have made us curious about what that culture is? Don't be such a tease!

Edited by Jingthing

Congrats!

And Asians (in case they got some). jap.gif

wow do you really believe it is the ultimate sin, i would have thought murder was

Sometimes (just sometimes) you can explain a murder. Sometimes it is necessary (while protecting yourself or your family from gangs, for example).

A man f..ing another man to the arse cannot be explained even in terms of "necessarity".

I will tell you more: in my society, it is strongly prohibited even to accept the food\drink from the hands of (or cooked by) someone who is a gay or who is just acting as a gay. We have cases when someone sometimes killed the chief\waiter after discovered they are "not clean". And everyone understands... Sorry to tell you that.

Im not calling to hang'em'high here on TV pages - I am just telling you the true stories. smile.png

mass murder, or even genocide, committed by people like Hitler and Po Pot, could you tell me why they killed so many people it slips my mind at the present.

BTW Hitler executes gays as well - for the sake of "cleaning the nation". And the strange thing is that his nation was STRONGEST EVER at his time...Dunno how it is related, think yourself. smile.png

you say and his nation, i think that sums your

intelligence, i also think he murdered a lot of people because of skin colour, religion, and Po pot had something against people wo could read and write, how can anybody justify such acts, just to say their balance sheet was healthy, i pass as a white aryan,and you my freind?

Congrats!

I guess Japanese aren't Asians.

Include physical abuse. 1zgarz5.gif

Has that happened to you, a lot, back in ... Moscow?

You say it is OK to murder gays in your culture, so don't be so coy, don't you realize you have made us curious about what that culture is? Don't be such a tease!

I bet those Moscowians (or how you call them) do not like gays as well. I heard some scary stories too. Anyway they are in between Hitlerland and MiddleEast, which may explain manything....haha :)

Congrats!

Funny little chap, aren't ya!?

But enlighten us about the "culture" you come from.

And while you are on it: pray tell, why they should promote anything on you?

Do you assume, they will be out there...be- gay- ing you?

Infecting you and your arian little children with gayness?

wow do you really believe it is the ultimate sin, i would have thought murder was

Sometimes (just sometimes) you can explain a murder. Sometimes it is necessary (while protecting yourself or your family from gangs, for example).

A man f..ing another man to the arse cannot be explained even in terms of "necessarity".

I will tell you more: in my society, it is strongly prohibited even to accept the food\drink from the hands of (or cooked by) someone who is a gay or who is just acting as a gay. We have cases when someone sometimes killed the chief\waiter after discovered they are "not clean". And everyone understands... Sorry to tell you that.

Im not calling to hang'em'high here on TV pages - I am just telling you the true stories. smile.png

mass murder, or even genocide, committed by people like Hitler and Po Pot, could you tell me why they killed so many people it slips my mind at the present.

BTW Hitler executes gays as well - for the sake of "cleaning the nation". And the strange thing is that his nation was STRONGEST EVER at his time...Dunno how it is related, think yourself. smile.png

you say and his nation, i think that sums your

intelligence, i also think he murdered a lot of people because of skin colour, religion, and Po pot had something against people wo could read and write, how can anybody justify such acts, just to say their balance sheet was healthy, i pass as a white aryan,and you my freind?

Im not Hitler nor Pol Pot. I can only guess what were they smokin' at those times.

Here I am explaining only my own personal views, and not call to kill/hang anyone.

Im not Hitler nor Pol Pot. I can only guess what were they smokin' at those times.

Here I am explaining only my own personal views, and not call to kill/hang anyone.

So relieved that you don't want to commit mass murder of people just because their sexual practices disgust you. You're such a softie! Edited by Jingthing