Rugby Union & Nrl Fans

1948wjm

Good news for Rugby fans !!! True Visions (UBC) are now televising "Setanta Sports" free to air on Channel 107 (gold & platinum subscribers).Aust TV lost the NRL rights last year and Setanta televised all selected NRL games including state of origin games all last year via the Fox and Channel Nine networks in Oz.If you have a HD box then even better as most games are in HD and programes can be sourced from the Setanta Sports website. No I am not associated with either True or Setanta just an aussie that appreciates his rugby league !!!

Yeah the SD coverage from Setanta is poor....but better than nothing I suppose. I also note that True has quietly slipped it on there without so much as a small mention on the website. Does this mean they are not paying for it and it will disappear at such time as it becomes a paid service?

If you are an NRL fan be aware that Rugby Union will always come first and it will be 'selected' matches delayed.During S15 season live NRL is extremely limited. I had livenrl.tv last year and it was EXCELLENT. No doubt this year it will be geo blocked because of Setanta....1 step forward 3 steps back......

• 3 weeks later...

Yes gkinbkk that is correct as I purchased one early last year to watch the NRL on Setanta Sports via another dish and satelite and most games were in HD and superb quality that you can nearly smell the green grass !!!!