Strange Boat In Patong Bay

phuketrichard

Looks like it could handle some pretty rough seas though with the hull design.. Isn't this guy an oil tycoon anyways? Probably not too concerned with fueling up he probably has a Russian tanker that shadows his trips everywhere. I would if I had that money that would also help him avoid having to pull into ports they didn't want to and avoid any hostile waters.

• 3 weeks later...

Costs 250 Million Pounds as I was reading in Phuket Websites. That money alone could make 300 People and familys very happy! jap.gif

The owner Russian Tycoon M....... should be worth 3-4 Billion Dollars, so 10% in the ship! Peanuts-giggle.gif

Maybe the large cruise ships are staying far out to sea and transporting the passengers into Phuket by submarine. This way, they can sneak up to the pier without the tuk tuk drivers seeing a ship and blockading them. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Great Idea. Now whe the Navy comes tpo town they can use NukSubs to land a Patong Beach etc.

Considering that MGO and MDO, the fuel that these vessels use is less than a dollar a litre, I very much doubt the claim of a million Euros to "fill 'er up".

Bunker rates for MGO in SIngapore are around 965USD/tonne. Roughly 0.87kg/l S.G. for MGO and stated elsewhere 757,000 litre bunker tanks the total cost would be around 636,000USD with no loading temperature corrections. So you were correct when you stated 1 million Euros was a bit much to "fill 'er up".

Considering that MGO and MDO, the fuel that these vessels use is less than a dollar a litre, I very much doubt the claim of a million Euros to "fill 'er up".

Bunker rates for MGO in SIngapore are around 965USD/tonne. Roughly 0.87kg/l S.G. for MGO and stated elsewhere 757,000 litre bunker tanks the total cost would be around 636,000USD with no loading temperature corrections. So you were correct when you stated 1 million Euros was a bit much to "fill 'er up".

Yes, about half a million Euros.