Where Have All The Diet Coke And Coke Zeros Gone?

tahlin

Bloody hell, this is going to be rough. The missus and I got back here a couple of days ago after leaving in October. I can easily go through 3 litres of diet coke/zero each day if there's nobody available to strap me down and gag me, and my first night here was spent on an ever more desperate search around the 7-11s and family marts near Asok.

I feel your pain, OP. I'm on real coke right now, a drink so painfully sweet it's like switching from sherbet to cocaine. Bah.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found 1.5 litre bottles of Pepsi Max in Tesco, Bangplad. I think they have just got round to the restocking. I think they might well have been loading the market in time for the Christmas/New Year holiday then Children's Day, then Chinese New Year. None of these festivals have ANY space for sugar-free beverages.

Ah, tasty Pepsi Max.

It seems it disappeared after the flooding and isn't yet back in the country. I have seen a few Tesco Lotus' and Boots stocking them though. My friend is severely diabetic and can only drink Coke Zero. She said it was impossible to find these days.

I used to be a carbonated soda addict.  Would down bottles of that stuff everyday.  The first thing I did when I would wake up was crack one open.  At breaks during work I would grab a bottle. I had a massive collection of empty soday bottles.  This all ended via some intervention.  A help group is ESSENTIAL if your REALLY KEEN on getting off this stuff.  The good new is that THERE IS HELP, but ONLY IF UR READY!

Good luck!

Edited by TheKeeNok

• 2 weeks later...

7-11s in Nonthaburi are stocking Coke Lite again sporadically (Coke Zero is omnipresent once again and has been for 2-3 weeks), which indicates that the supply chain may be providential once again. 7-11s do JIT inventory, so unlike the mom and pop joints they don't find a case of Coke Lite in a dusty pile somewhere, it comes in from a warehouse or distributor. If we're getting it out here in baanokistan then that's probably good news for the urban residents of central 'kok.

Edited by emilyb

• 3 weeks later...

but they still contain calories ...and often processed added sugar as well...

reports regarding aspartame and other fake sugars being bad for ur health...in the 30 years they've been around, are anecdotal at best...ie..BS

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

For Diabetic there are no way around the artificial sweetener, except by drinking water - they do not contain calories or less than 1 calorie in a can - one calorie is burned by waking 20 meters :-)

I am diabetic my self - and agree with above post :-)

Edited by Kripe