Car Tyres

osmar

Manit Center Max close to Supercheap.

Michelin center bypassroad

all these chains are married to tyre makers, so depends on what tyres your prefere

Toyota are usually competetive on Vios original Bridgestones

They all offer lifetime free service now

The tyre brand varies on the model Vios you buy, we have Michelin tyres on our Vios

Cheaper model cheaper tyres

all these chains are married to tyre makers, so depends on what tyres your prefere

The tyre brand varies on the model Vios you buy, we have Michelin tyres on our Vios

Toyota TH uses Michelin and Bridgestone only, and for Vios/Yaris they are both cheap and low performing designs for any model in TH

I found Toyota dealer to be competetive on Bridgestone 17inchers for my 2007 Camry, thus my advice. Cant know about their aftermarket Michelin pricing since I have never checked

Toyota TH uses Michelin and Bridgestone only, and for Vios/Yaris they are both cheap and low performing designs for any model in TH

I found Toyota dealer to be competetive on Bridgestone 17inchers for my 2007 Camry, thus my advice. Cant know about their aftermarket Michelin pricing since I have never checked

So with your vast knowledge you are saying Toyota puts cheap Michelin tyres on Vios and Yaris

Michelin do not make cheap tyres for Toyota or anyone else, they have a reputation to maintain

So with your vast knowledge you are saying Toyota puts cheap Michelin tyres on Vios and Yaris

Michelin do not make cheap tyres for Toyota or anyone else, they have a reputation to maintain

I have a new model YARIS ACE , and they are fitted with DUNLOP tyres so they also use other manufacturers tyres..

I have a new model YARIS ACE , and they are fitted with DUNLOP tyres so they also use other manufacturers tyres..

yep, Dunlop has just entered the japs car camp, my one month old Mazda2 comes with it to.

PC all makers in this segment use cheap tyres, thats how they can sell cheap cars. Micheling Energy is a cheap tyre with focus on lifetime and roll resistance, it is not an advanced well handling tyre. Car maker tells how tyre needs to perform, tyre makers make quote, Dunlop just won, for now.

Want better handling and shorter braking, replace them. Theyr only good for 3 years anyway

Thought this might be a good place to inform people...

I had a puncture a couple of days ago...acquired a nail, driving in a construction site!!

Took the tyre for repair to a tyre shop on Khwang Road. That's all they do. Going from Chao Fa West toward Chao Fa East road, the shop is about 2/3rds down Khwang Road on the left. I thought they were great.

In 5 mins...Of course it was not busy when I visited.

Puncture repaired, Car jacked, Tyre Replaced, Spare stored, All tyre pressures checked. 150B. The guys could work in a pit stop!!

I had a puncture a couple of days ago...acquired a nail, driving in a construction site!!

Took the tyre for repair to a tyre shop on Khwang Road. That's all they do. Going from Chao Fa West toward Chao Fa East road, the shop is about 2/3rds down Khwang Road on the left. I thought they were great.

Puncture repaired, Car jacked, Tyre Replaced, Spare stored, All tyre pressures checked. 150B. The guys could work in a pit stop!!

sounds like you had your flat tyre plugged, been illegal in EU for a decade for cars able to drive more than 80kmh

but on the other hand at Manit Center Max they vulce your (my) flat tyre for 300 baht including balance, thats a proper repair and legal in EU

yep, Dunlop has just entered the japs car camp, my one month old Mazda2 comes with it to.

PC all makers in this segment use cheap tyres, thats how they can sell cheap cars. Micheling Energy is a cheap tyre with focus on lifetime and roll resistance, it is not an advanced well handling tyre. Car maker tells how tyre needs to perform, tyre makers make quote, Dunlop just won, for now.

Want better handling and shorter braking, replace them. Theyr only good for 3 years anyway

Base model Vios was J model 499000 top mdel S 720000 baht , you do pay for the better tyres

among other things,i personally replace my tyres like most other people when they need replacing

because of wear and tear, there again i do not travel around at 160KPH

sounds like you had your flat tyre plugged, been illegal in EU for a decade for cars able to drive more than 80kmh

but on the other hand at Manit Center Max they vulce your (my) flat tyre for 300 baht including balance, thats a proper repair and legal in EU

KBM, Glad I posted. It all was done so fast, I don't know how it was repaired. I am more concerned with safety now!

Manit Centre Max...near Supercheap you say. Could you give me a bit more on its location travelling north on Thepkasatri from town?

OK found it in the map. Sorry for the minor hijacking of this thread.

Edited by thailoneus

yep, Dunlop has just entered the japs car camp, my one month old Mazda2 comes with it to. PC all makers in this segment use cheap tyres, thats how they can sell cheap cars. Micheling Energy is a cheap tyre with focus on lifetime and roll resistance, it is not an advanced well handling tyre. Car maker tells how tyre needs to perform, tyre makers make quote, Dunlop just won, for now. Want better handling and shorter braking, replace them. Theyr only good for 3 years anyway
Base model Vios was J model 499000 top mdel S 720000 baht , you do pay for the better tyres among other things,i personally replace my tyres like most other people when they need replacing because of wear and tear, there again i do not travel around at 160KPH

at 100kmh a Vios brakes to zero in 44 meters with new stock 15 or 16 inch tyres, while with 3 yo it needs +60 meters

Every tyre has manufactoring week and year stamped in rubber, for a reason. Safety reason

Sunshine is the worst wear and tear for a tyre, makes rubber hard and thus traction lousy. Noticable after 6 months on the roads, dangerous after 3 years

An hour at 160kmh increases tyres traction as the slippery film on tyres surface wears off

But with +5yo vios tyres, I would feel at danger at 120kmh, 160kmh would feel suicidal

yep, Dunlop has just entered the japs car camp, my one month old Mazda2 comes with it to. PC all makers in this segment use cheap tyres, thats how they can sell cheap cars. Micheling Energy is a cheap tyre with focus on lifetime and roll resistance, it is not an advanced well handling tyre. Car maker tells how tyre needs to perform, tyre makers make quote, Dunlop just won, for now. Want better handling and shorter braking, replace them. Theyr only good for 3 years anyway
Base model Vios was J model 499000 top mdel S 720000 baht , you do pay for the better tyres among other things,i personally replace my tyres like most other people when they need replacing because of wear and tear, there again i do not travel around at 160KPH
at 100kmh a vios brakes to zero in 44 meters with new stock 15 or 16 inch tyres, while with 3 yo it needs +60 meters every tyre has manufactoring week and year stamped in rubber, for a reason. safety reason sunshine is the worst wear and tear for a tyre, makes rubber hard and thus traction lousy. Noticable after 6 months on the roads, dangerous after 3 years An hour at 160kmh increases tyres traction as the slippery film on tyres surface wears off

Our Vios has 15 inch tyres and its a 2006 model

not just Michelin and Bridge stone

When i bought the Vios in 2006 they had different brand tyres on different models

Not just Michelin and Bridge stone, Toyota gets tyres from all the major tyre manufacturers

not just Michelin and Bridge stone

When i bought the Vios in 2006 they had different brand tyres on different models

Not just Michelin and Bridge stone, Toyota gets tyres from all the major tyre manufacturers

Toyota TH has been buying +95% of their tyres from BridgestoneTH and MichelinTH until recently. stats are available

anyone seen a new TH toyota in showroom on continental, goodyear, maxxis or yokohama?

anyhow as said, for a cheap car cheap tyres are needed

B Quick is a good place to buy tyres or have any other work done on your car

The have a good range of different brand tyres and there prices are very competitive

Air Conditioned waiting room or you can go to Jungceylon which is right next door

No appointment needed, first in first severed, and if all there Technicians are busy

they tell you how long you will have to wait or advise you when to come back

They do what you want done and advise you on anything else they think is necessary

and leave it up to you if you want it done or not

B QIUCK..,COCKPIT....,MANNIT..,ETC ARE ALL GOOD TYRE,BRAKE SUSPENSION CENTRES..They are all over Thailand,very similar in price and quility,depending on the workmanship in each branch,will make you decide on who you use...i have been using COCKPIT, for many years and have noregrets...B QUICK are also very good...in my opinion tyres should be changed here in THAILAND between 3 and 5 years,depending on where your car is kept,because of extreme weather,heat etc,tyres become very hard,even if they have plenty of tread on them,and they dont perform as they should,you can always go and get them checked at some of the good tyre shops if you are concerned..

If you do most of your driving in Phuket and your tyres have plenty

of tread and the side walls are not damaged there is no reason to

change your tyres until the wear indicators appear in the tread

If you do high speed regulary on the open road like racing and rally

cars you should change your tyres more regularly, my tyres were checked

recently at 50000 and the tyre dealer said they were still in good condition

you have done extremly well to have a set of tyres last you 50,000 km and six years old..but you seem to do many things better than most.clap2.gif

you have done extremly well to have a set of tyres last you 50,000 km and six years old..but you seem to do many things better than most.clap2.gif

Not really Michelin tyres i used on a taxi in Australia and got 95000 KLM from a set of 4

And other people got the same mileage thats why we used them

Maybe you should buy a decent set of tyres for your car and find out for yourselfjap.gif

Not really Michelin tyres i used on a taxi in Australia and got 95000 KLM from a set of 4

Maybe you should buy a decent set of tyres for your car and find out for yourselfjap.gif

hehehe.

Couple of months ago I was driving a fortuna with 110k km on the 2007 Michelins. Tread still good, but scaring brakingdistance and ABS kicking in on dry paved roads. I decided to keep it below 100kmh, to be able to stop in same distance as a good car/tyre combo does at 180kmh

car tyres stored in total darkness has a noticable longer brakingdistance at 3 years old. You are running 6 yo tyres probably been out in the sun or shade most of its life, and consider them still safe cause they have tread left and are not damaged. Your looking at double braking distance when needed

if thats your way of safe motoring, we have different survival strategies

hehehe.

Couple of months ago I was driving a fortuna with 110k km on the 2007 Michelins. Tread still good, but scaring brakingdistance and ABS kicking in on dry paved roads. I decided to keep it below 100kmh, to be able to stop in same distance as a good car/tyre combo does at 180kmh

car tyres stored in total darkness has a noticable longer brakingdistance at 3 years old. You are running 6 yo tyres probably been out in the sun or shade most of its life, and consider them still safe cause they have tread left and are not damaged. Your looking at double braking distance when needed

We tend to forget ,Mr Callen is an original long serving Aussie expat Taxi [TUK TUK] driver,he knows best?jerk.gif

hehehe.

ABS should work the same on dry or wet roads as a auto expert you should know that

Since i do most of my driving in Phuket and hold a heavy vehicle license which allows

me back home to drive almost all types of vehicles, which i have done, i know how to drive

safely and at safe speeds which some people do not

As a volunteer traffic officer you should know the speed limit in Thailand is approx 100KPH not 180 KPM

OH and bye the way my car is not 6 years old yet and wont be for another 9 months

We tend to forget ,Mr Callen is an original long serving Aussie expat Taxi [TUK TUK] driver,he knows best?jerk.gif

well there are 2 main approaches to tyres

safety as in traction and braking provided by good quality fresh tyres

and saving money as in running them past expire date. I dont mind the economy approach as it is legal in TH, but please dont tell anyone its safe, even at Phuket so called low speeds.

Increasing brakingdistance with 5 meters can be mortal. In this case we talk about 30 meters longer braking distance. And please dont say its safe cause you drive carefully. No one gets to keep more than 3 seconds distance in TH, and everyone goes with the flow, which is 50-90 in build up areas and 80-120 on highways

hehehe.

well said,good advice...

hehehe.

ABS should work the same on dry or wet roads as a auto expert you should know that

Since i do most of my driving in Phuket and hold a heavy vehicle license which allows

me back home to drive almost all types of vehicles, which i have done, i know how to drive

safely and at safe speeds which some people do not

As a volunteer traffic officer you should know the speed limit in Thailand is approx 100KPH not 180 KPM

OH and bye the way my car is not 6 years old yet and wont be for another 9 months

ABS kicks in when tyres lack traction. Tyres lack traction on dry roads cause they are past expire date, the rubber is hard and not as designed any more

and as a HWP volunteer I am fully aware of the speedlimits beeing 60, 90 and 120kmh, and this has nothing to do with crap tyres

safe speed for old tyres is low, safe distance would be 10 seconds, try to drive safely 10 seconds behind vehicle in front of you, I struggle to keep 3 seconds distance as someone fills the gap in no time