Tourist Double Entry Visa In Vientiane

Hello,

I plan to go to Vientiane for a Tourist Double entry Thai visa.

2 years ago, in front of the Thai embassy, we could pay a guy, 3000 baht, so he could take care everything for you and bring back the passaport to your hotel the next day.

Is it still possible to do that? Is it safe?

Thank you for information

If you're "In front of the Thai Embassy" wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to walk in, hand in your application, and pick it up the next day? From reading many threads on here it doesn't seem too complicated in Vientiane.

The "guy" you speak of I have seen mention of in other threads, and probably works in or has ties with someone in the embassy. I'm not going to go searching for the thread but I'll paraphrase what I think I remember reading, something along the lines of "Hang around outside for a few minutes looking lost and you'll be approached by a gentleman who will offer to help you with your visa".

Personally I hate paperwork bureaucracy and queues so I can understand why you'd want to put your feet up while someone does it for you... I'll be interested to see the answers to this thread. My retirement plans have gone out the window I just (probably) got a short contract that means I'll have to go to Tanzania and UK in the next couple months, so I'm also looking for somewhere to get a quick double entry visa from to tide me over until I leave...

Is it still possible to do that?

Yes, but I don't see the point in doing it. I mean, you have travelled all the way to Vientiane (how many hours) you have made your visa to Laos. So what would the problem be to fill out 1 dokument and hand it over to the officials by yourself? smile.png

Yes, but I don't see the point in doing it. I mean, you have travelled all the way to Vientiane (how many hours) you have made your visa to Laos. So what would the problem be to fill out 1 dokument and hand it over to the officials by yourself? smile.png

Maybe the OP’s got 3K burning a hole in his pocket. biggrin.png

As mentioned, why not do it yourself? Using an “agent” might show helpful if you already have a few tourist visas in your passport. The agent might then be able to assist in getting something that you yourself could be denied of. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense, especially since you made your way to the consulate already.

As mentioned, why not do it yourself? Using an “agent” might show helpful if you already have a few tourist visas in your passport. The agent might then be able to assist in getting something that you yourself could be denied of. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense, especially since you made your way to the consulate already.

Thank you all for your answer.

So it's still possible, it's a good news!

The point is that I spend 2 days in Vientiane, and I prefer visit and enjoy than spend all the morning doing the queue and again the next day afternoon.

But this is up to people right!!

Thank you ;)

walk down the street toward the hotel on the same side of street as consulate and there is a guy who has a tent, photography equipment, copier etc and possibly some connections. He is usually set up right in front of the hotel.

kind of varies if he can get favorable treatment. Sometimes in the past he could and sometimes he couldn't. I forget his name but he is fairly straight shooter. Have him look at your passport and see what he thinks your chance are.

Depends on what is in your passport. If you have only a TV or two then good chance you can get a double. If you have a lot of Thailand visa stamps then might only get a single.

Thank you all for your answer.

So it's still possible, it's a good news!

The point is that I spend 2 days in Vientiane, and I prefer visit and enjoy than spend all the morning doing the queue and again the next day afternoon.

But this is up to people right!!

Thank you wink.png

Correct, not for us to judge how you spend your time and money.

However there are some that need some nudging to go ahead and do thing themselves, instead of always using intermediaries. wink.png

Good luck with the visa!

Is it safe?

I would say normaly yes. But imagine what would happen if he had an accident (yes they do happen) or if he get the bright idea to sell your passport (worth more than 3K). rolleyes.gif

I mean take the "whole morning" (I'd say 1-2 hours) and DIY, stay 1 more night at the hotel and you'll have plenty of time for "visit and enjoy". After all, you are here as a tourist, so 3 days instead of 2 in Vientiane, what difference does it make. smile.png

Edited by Semper

how do you know a stranger outside the embassy isn't a con man ?

also he could lose your passport,

i would never risk it unless there was some benefit.

yes soemtimes there's a queue but if you arrive an hour or two later collection only takes 10 mins,

you can also print off the application form from the web site and prepare everything before you go,

does the 3000 baht include the price for the visa ? 2000 baht for a double ?

if your going to do it maybe an idea to say to them try not to get a red stamp put in.

there's 3 or 4 groups o people outside the embassy who would probably do this for you, they take your photo and supply the application form etc.

why do you even need to goto the embassy ? maybe a travel agency or tour shop can do the same for you in town ?

good luck,