Mukdahan

riepan963

Many years since I had a night out in Mukdahan so totally out of touch with the best entertainment places, eateries etc. Reuniting with 6 old friends so town centre would be preferable but a few km outside is OK.

Answers please on open forum or by email, both are fine ...........

• Like 1

The Best Restaurant is at Mukdahan Manor B&B, The Waterfront-Song Fung Khong Restaurant Just 3kl south of the Indo-China Market right on the Mekong River. Check Mukdahan Manor.com for the Menu and directions. Recent Winner of the Best Restaurant Award 2011. As for Nightlife, there are a couple of new venues just opened, one behind Mukdahan Tower and the other about 500 meters past the tower on the right hand side as you leave Muk on the Don Tan road, both only about 3kl from Mukdahan Manor. Of course there are the usual sing a song Kareoke places all around.

My wife is from near Mukdahan, and we often stay there when we go to visit her parents.

To be honest i have always found mukdahan clam and quite, but there are a few places that we go to, most have been mentioned above. There is one place near the tower we have been a few times. just across from the tower on the main road, does Thai country music. My wife seems to like it. Although we often go to a bar which is nice near the night market on the road that goes to Tesco's . They have big screens and outside areas, pool and stuff. I will check with my wife when she gets back from work as for the name of the area. All i no it is near a 7 eleven lol, but we always go there when the football is on.

I will find out some more info from her and report back. Although manor B&B is the best place for food in the city i find, nice location also.

Was in Mukdanhan last year and found this hotel last time we were there will be giving it a go next time we go it was called Rabiangmuk Guesthouse have stayed in a few hotel in Muk but this one looks very clean i think it was about 500 to 600 a night but you will have to ring them to book your stay and check prices

Thanks for that DJH -- surprised yours is the only response.

I remember the ones behind Muk Tower from years ago but will check out all you mentioned

Things have changed alot over the past few years in the Mukdahan Tower area with new Pubs and Thai restaurants scattered about in the 500 mtr radius of the tower. On the left side near the Rivercity Hotel which now has the new 16 storey hotel open with the Revolving Restaurant on the Top is a good Western- Cowboy style Pub called the Picking Cowboy with a Band that only plays English-US Music, it's OK and unique for Muk but for food nothing comes close to Mukdahan Manor's Restaurant not to mention the Cocktail Bar. As for the New Revolving Restaurant, i havn't been there yet but i'm told it's 250 baht per person to get in which gets you 1 drink and although the advertising says A La Carte menu one Guest who stayed with me went there and could only order Snack foods but was then told the kitchen was closed, so they had their drink and left. It will take a while for them to get their act together and that will depend if they lay out the money for a 1st class Chef. Hope to see you in Muk.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ubonrthai

Mukdahan tower is an interesting place for a visit and is easy to find, on the edge of town on the Southern side. Inside you will find a number of displays referring to local history and the different tribes around Issan. A small entrace fee and a great view of the town, river and Lao.

There are a couple of national parks fairly close to town one being Mukdahan national park 17 kms from town on Mukdahan don tan Road.

Mukdahan also has the Indochin market on the banks of the river and also a smal night market. There is also the second friendship bridge into Lao.

Plenty to do for a first time visitor, however once you have been there a few times you need to explore further out to find something new.

Craighj